D's outfit.

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

D's outfit.

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:35 pm

I'm concerned was what you people think D wears like the material of his outfit. Would the cape be some tape of silky, leather, or cotton material? Would he be wearing some type of body armor? What would the scarf be made of? I know the Artist (Saiko Takaki) said that D wears something like roman armor premolded muscles out of leather. I do leather work and I don't think I can get it as skin tight as what D wears... Lol So I like to hear on the most likeliness on what D's outfit consist of.
The Vampire Hunter D

Re: D's outfit.

Postby Aruna » Sat Oct 03, 2009 6:28 pm

I think that he has to to wear some kind of armor over his chest so he can strap the shoulder armour somwhere, and as it seems flexibel i think it's leader. Another theory is that it's made of some kind of hightech stuff that we don't know. I often though about it because whenever he gets hurt his clothes always seem to repair themselve (in the movie bloodlust Meyer's clothes recover as fast as it's owner.) or have you ever read somewhere that D is sewing his clothes after he got cut, impaled or burned.

I do leather work and I don't think I can get it as skin tight as what D wears... Lol So I like to hear on the most likeliness on what D's outfit consist of.

Well I also work a lot with leader because we have a carriage driving scool. I can tell that the harness' adapt temselves to the horses up to a certain point but I also have my doubts that they could fit that well (unless they were so thin that they couldn't have any use as an armor.)

As for the rest of the clothing it seems to be some normal material. The boots surely are leather and the scarf is knited (perhaps a gift from his mom ;) ). Well as for his underwear... I don't really want to imagin D in speedo so I will just drop that subject :shock:

...although...
Don't run, you'll only die tired.

Whenever you lose contact with the enemy, look behind you.
Aruna

Postby Su-In » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 am

Wow, is it bad that I've never given that much thought to what D wears? *cuz naked D is FAR more interesting :twisted:*

Ho hum, ok, I say spandex. Because, let's face it, D doesn't really need armour. Even the best, most lightweight armour will restrict movement and maybe start rusting, whereas D can just heal if he gets hurt or he can always call on his friendly little Left Hand lol I'd say the various belts he wears are leather, his glove/gauntlet things may be some sort of lightweight armour-like material (ooh so technical with the details, aren't I?) and his cape is made from silk because silk makes the best swooshy noises and billows nicely in the wind:)

So, basically, D doesn't need armour because he is too freakin' cool:D
“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
Su-In

Postby exsanguinate » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:14 pm

Yay! At least I'm not the only one that goes nuts over little details, like dreaming up exactly what D's clothes are like!

So here goes: it was mentioned in the last book or two that D's coat/cape are made from a special fabric that's heat, cold, fire, and water-proof. So I can only guess that his other stuff is made from futuristic stuff too. I think that he probably has some kind of armor, whether he needs it or not. He definately wears some kind of shirt (it was mentioned in one of the earlier books) and not a bodysuit. I'd say that the acessories, like belts and stuff, are probably leather, but maybe his boots are something a little more high-tech. The scarves...who knows? A little old knitting-crazed granny?
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby 18thAngel » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:54 pm

D's outfit...is sexy.

ALWAYS.

The end! :lol:
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:00 pm

Gotta agree, 18th Angel. ;) I always liked dressing edgy and a little Goth, but D really got me into it. He spawned an obsession with spiffy black trench coats, boots with oodles of interesting buckles, and scarves and random acessories, a la Amano's art. And every time I go to the mall, I cruise the bling trying to find a D pendant look-alike! :mrgreen:
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby 18thAngel » Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:27 pm

^ I've always looked for that pendant too! Honestly though, I wonder where he got it. We never get ANY explanation whatsoever, unless it comes up in one of the later novels I haven't read yet.
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby sothisdhampir » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:45 am

Nope, no explaination as to wear it has come from as of yet. Grrr. And I have read all the D books in English.
sothisdhampir

Postby 18thAngel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:43 am

I wouldn't be surprised if it just crystallized around his neck one day, out of thin air, probably because D's just that badass or beautiful or something. :D
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby Leila » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:01 pm

Hey everyone! I'm new to the board, the topic creator is my boyfriend and we're about halfway done making his D costume. It's coming along really well! I see some of you guys are interested in finding a D pendant - I made his from scratch and it looks pretty nifty! I will post a picture of it once it's completed. Thanks for everyone's suggestions, it really helps when hearing what other people imagine his outfit to look like and what it is made of.
Leila

Next

Return to Vampire Hunter D