VHD LOLS

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

Re: VHD LOLS

Postby exsanguinate » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:41 pm

*pulleing herself back into her chair after a giggle fit* LOL!!! :lol: LOVE the My Little D!!! I have a friend who's utterly obsessed with My Little Pony thingies...she's got, like, over a hundred of 'em. One of the best D fanarts I've seen yet!
*has another giggle fit*
Totally with ya on D-possessed computer. Another way to see if you're a VHD fan: Scan your motherboard for "vampire hunter d" in the file name, and see how long the list is....I think it's probably one of my biggest "My Pics" folders, and it totally dominates my Internet faves.

And something else I did in a fit of D-obsession: I hosted a French Exchange student back in the spring for a couple weeks, and when I found out that he liked vampire books I went nuts finding the French-language publisher and stuff of VHD...and I think I created a new fan!
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby Su-In » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:00 pm

exsanguinate wrote:You start finding vaguely D-looking goth guys really attractive.

Oh god you just reminded me of a very embarassing incident that happened a couple of months ago. This isn't a LOL, so I'll try to keep it short. Suffice to say that I saw one such D-alike on my bus (and when I say D-alike I mean that all he needed was the armour and the horse). Thankfully I didn't shout or faint when I saw him, but as he was getting on he caught my eye and I think I might have whimpered and probably drooled a bit :oops: I spent the rest of the journey wondering how to kidnap him/ find out where he lived/ask to see his left hand without seeming weird. We got off at the same stop, but alas I have never seen him again :cry:

And yay on all the pretty pictures people! Keep em coming!
“To be a star, you must shine your own light, follow your own path, and don't worry about the darkness, for that is when the stars shine brightest”
Su-In

Postby Vampire Rose » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:42 am

phew, I'm back!! And boy have I missed a lot :shock:

Missed this topic though :P always had me laughing like crazy :mrgreen: I keep on seeing a Pizza Hut commercial/sign and mentally draw in D's pin.

That Rose Princess one his so funny to XD and...would probably happen to D :P

I found this while on Deviantart and had to laugh XD Alucard, from Helsing on the left, and D on the right. :P
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Vampire Rose

Postby exsanguinate » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:27 pm

You just made my day!!! :mrgreen:
exsanguinate

Postby Aruna » Tue Sep 29, 2009 3:57 pm

After reading this in volume 1 of the Manga I had to laugh so hard that I nearly fell from the sofa. So I though I should post it here.

Lefty says : "Nice butt! The work pays out after all!"

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't run, you'll only die tired.

Whenever you lose contact with the enemy, look behind you.
Aruna

Postby exsanguinate » Sun Oct 11, 2009 1:16 pm

Is that the German version of the manga?

Yeah, that was pretty funny. Lefty gets in the last laughs.
exsanguinate

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:40 pm

Not really a "D" LOL, but an example of Kikuchi himself. Check out his X-Mas card to DMP-he's post dated it for Christmas Eve (we got it yesterday), and this is what it says:

"Thank you for taking care of me last year." (Oh shoot-this year. I missed it, hehehe).

The last part translates loosely to "Hope Santa brings you good blessings!" <--- (something like that)

http://twitpic.com/tnhxl

:D
ChibiKami

Postby 18thAngel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:37 pm

I'm in the middle of Pale Fallen Angel, Parts One and Two, and I admit I laughed for quite a while at the part when D carries the weak Miska back to her coffin, and comes back with smoke coming off his cape:

"The defensive mechanisms incorporated into Miska's coffin had determined that he was something other than a noble. His whole body had been pierced by laser beams of a hundred thousand degrees.
'You must forgive me for putting you in such a situation. I completely forgot you're a dhampir,' the baron apologized. And apparently he meant it.
'Don't worry about it. Only half of them went off,' D replied, his words leaving the baron silent."

Oh D, you're a regular comedian. :lol:
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:42 pm

Reminds me a bit of the "It's just a flesh wound" part of Monty Python and the Holy Grail!

Aww, Kikuchi's card is cute! And he has pretty penmanship! Which brings me to the next weird topic: What kind of handwriting would D have? I think copperplate cursive, kinda like the chapter headers in the books (at least the English ones, I dunno about other editions).
exsanguinate

Postby 18thAngel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:06 am

I'm betting he could change his handwriting to whatever he wanted (and the left hand is another story--writing with that hand probably produces writing that looks a lot like a middle-school boy's). I imagine he'd naturally have very elegant handwriting, though. Nothing else would fit.

I love the speculation we go into on the smallest topics about D here; it makes me feel less crazy!
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

PreviousNext

Return to Vampire Hunter D