Love Control Volume 3

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Love Control Volume 3

Postby anime_earth » Thu Oct 08, 2009 5:18 pm

Good day everyone

I just want to know if June will be releasing Love Control Volume 3

I read from the back of Vol 2, this is suppose to be the final volume

Between, would June license Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete? It is a side story of Love Control series

Thank You
anime_earth

Re: Love Control Volume 3

Postby chibi-oni » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:03 pm

Sorry - there are no current plans to publish Love Control 3 or Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete. Sales have not been strong so far on Love Control vol. 2, so we are still evaluating. If overall sales eventually warrant it, we might consider continuing the series in the future, but nothing is definite at this time.
chibi-oni

Postby anime_earth » Sat Oct 10, 2009 1:07 am

Thanks for your prompt response. Sigh...hopefully this sales would built it up...I really like to own the complete series.

Thank you
anime_earth

Postby comusbassington » Sat Oct 10, 2009 7:09 am

I was wondering about that, too. When I read the back of the second volume I thought I was making it up about there being a third so with my great cut and paste skills I went hunting around. But I imagine the last volume hasn't been released yet because I couldn't find it. Or did the series just end recently (which would explain why I couldn't locate it anywhere)? But if that's the case maybe that'll give others time to pick up the first two volumes. *crosses fingers and hopes she won't have to buy the Japanese edition*

I can kind of understand why Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete wouldn't be licensed since the premise is kind of goofy (there's furniture involved after all) though for completion purchases I would buy it if it came out. And I definitely loved the extra story - so cute!

Meh - this is my first post. So hello everyone! :shock:
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby chibi-oni » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:50 pm

With more recent series, sometimes we license and begin publishing without realizing the mangaka intends to continue for multiple volumes (sometimes the mangaka doesn't know, either!). When we realize more volumes are releasing, so long as the sales are OK, we usually try to track those down to continue a series.

When we licensed Love Control 1, I don't think vol. 2 had come out yet, so that's one of the reasons the first volume didn't have a "1" on its jacket. I didn't double-check your statement about vol. 3 - so it may not be out in Japan, actually - but it wouldn't surprise me to see a recent third volume, since that's kind of what happened to us with the first one.

It's nice for the fans to be able to bring over recent, ongoing manga series from Japan (rather than always have to license series which were completed years ago), but it does put Juné on the spot for keeping track of subsequent volumes, and also risks having to cancel an ongoing series if the sales are too poor.
chibi-oni

Postby toma_chan » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:58 pm

Is Anato no tonari .... is the third vol of the series? I thought Love control is still running in B-Boy's magazine, since Libre still producing Renai Control's merchandises this year. So I thought....
toma_chan

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm

Renai Sousa does have a spin-off (Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete), however I haven't seen anything about Love Control 3. We do know that mangaka continues to run Love Control in BeBoy, however the newest chapters are October and November this year, so you probably won't see a collected tankoban of Love Control until late 2010, depending on how frequently she updates in BeBoy. We won't be able to license anything that new until it's collected into a finished book. :)

As for Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete, that's always a possibility. Though I personally found the main characters of Okumura and Yamashiro to be much more interesting than Jin and the super cutesy Azumi. :P But hey-feel free to discuss it here, and we'll take it all into account!
ChibiKami

Postby yellow dancer » Thu Jan 07, 2010 3:22 pm

ChibiKami wrote:Renai Sousa does have a spin-off (Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete), however I haven't seen anything about Love Control 3. We do know that mangaka continues to run Love Control in BeBoy, however the newest chapters are October and November this year, so you probably won't see a collected tankoban of Love Control until late 2010, depending on how frequently she updates in BeBoy. We won't be able to license anything that new until it's collected into a finished book. :)

As for Anata no Tonari ni Suwarasete, that's always a possibility. Though I personally found the main characters of Okumura and Yamashiro to be much more interesting than Jin and the super cutesy Azumi. :P But hey-feel free to discuss it here, and we'll take it all into account!

I would definitely buy the third volume of Love Control if it were published in English. Okumura and Yamashiro were so cool, my second favorite yaoi couple after Embracing Love's Iwaki and Kato. Jin and Azumi were not believable. That bartender in Love Control 2 made my teeth ache from all the grinding I did while reading it. The second half of the manga was a total waste of paper and ink in my opinion. He annoyed me!
yellow dancer

Postby comusbassington » Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:45 pm

I know it's a little silly (as it hasn't been released yet) but I'm kind of excited:

I hope we can have it eventually <3 <3 <3
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby yellow dancer » Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:02 pm

That is exciting! I heard it would possibly print at the end of the year, around December in Japan.

04/30/2010
I believe it will not be possible to have it printed here, based on the sales of Love Control 2.

lore,
Dee and Ryo slipped down my favorite couple list for a different reason. I had the feeling Ryo was indifferent to Dee, or at least, Ryo would have preferred a platonic relationship with Dee.
Dee acted juvenile sometimes. Ryo was emotionally barren. They were not a completely compatible couple. I understood the shock about his parents’ murder and the plot with Leo, and yet, Ryo remained stagnate as a character. I always hoped Ryo would revive with his lover’s affection and attention. Dee only seemed to overwhelm Ryo. Fake was good for a laugh, but it was not a steamy yaoi story.
Last edited by yellow dancer on Fri Apr 30, 2010 5:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.
yellow dancer

Next

Return to Juné Titles