Brilliant Blue

Talk about DokiDoki titles like Train Train!

Brilliant Blue

Postby Seraimes » Sat Jun 13, 2009 2:46 pm

I LOVE this manga. Absolutely ADORABLE. Is there really only 2 volumes to this? I wished it was longer. I just finished reading v1 and now have to patiently wait for v2 in Aug. So far, I'm liking everything I bought from DokiDoki. You guys did a great job with the manga selection. They're all sweet romance that makes you go "Awwwww".

Again, I have to mention how much I love the new books. The size is great and the cover is beautiful. I'm definitely falling in love with Doki Doki. Next released....Color. Another Eiki Eiki. I'm sure it's gonna be a good one.
Seraimes

Re: Brilliant Blue

Postby chibi-oni » Mon Jun 15, 2009 11:41 am

Only two volumes to Brilliant Blue, although vol. 2 is about 40 pages longer than vol. 1, so you'll be getting a bit extra in the wrap-up. Glad to hear you liked it!
chibi-oni

Postby aoi_aka » Thu Jun 18, 2009 7:03 pm

I wasn't totally sold out on Brilliant Blue but then I read it. And I totally fell head over heels with the story.

I agree with Seraimes 'cause you guys picked good titles to start up the imprint. They're sweet stories and so far you got two of my favorite mangaka. I hope they're the next Fumi Yoshinaga who has just about all of her titles published in the U.S. :D
aoi_aka

Postby alli_potts » Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:25 am

I also loved this series a lot. It was so cute and funny. Any chance of Doki Doki bringing over any other books from this wonderful mangaka?
alli_potts

Postby aoi_aka » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:46 am

alli_potts wrote:I also loved this series a lot. It was so cute and funny. Any chance of Doki Doki bringing over any other books from this wonderful mangaka?

I've wondered the same thing. I hope more of her titles are brought over specially if they cute like Brilliant Blue.
aoi_aka

Postby chibi-oni » Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:13 pm

Sales for Brilliant Blue have been lagging behind those for other more U.S. established mangka like Mikiyo Tsuda and Eiki Eiki, which is understandable. But if you want to see more works by Saemi Yorita, I would suggest spreading the positive word on Brilliant Blue. Currently, we would probably not seek to license more titles by this mangaka unless the sales pick up a bit.
chibi-oni

Postby aoi_aka » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:55 pm

That makes sense. Thanks for letting us know.
aoi_aka

Postby fairygirl » Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:41 pm

I enjoyed this story too. At times Nanami was a little bit too dim-witted for me, though. Don't get me wrong, he's lovable and everything, but sometimes he came across as so slow that it was a bit off-putting.

Nevertheless, I would check out future titles from this manga-ka.
fairygirl

Postby Noon » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:52 am

I have been curious about this title, so I decided to buy it. It seems to have a good story.
Noon

Postby Shroud » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:27 am

I bought it and it came in the post today. What a deliciously cute story! I'll definitely be reviewing this one. It deserves attantion. It is sweet, but not too sugary,and the story is sensitive to the uke's "slowness".
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Next

Return to DokiDoki Titles