Questions?

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Questions?

Postby crayon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:14 am

Turnaround time is usually less than 2 weeks.
crayon

Postby Russesa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:44 pm

Could someone remind me of the procedure for arranging review copies? I know it was covered in one of the webcasts, but I can't recall which, and I couldn't find the info in writing anywhere. I just need to know who to contact, and what information to provide them with. (Not needed immediately, just for future reference. ^^)
Russesa

Postby kozato » Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:52 pm

Hello Russesa! To arrange for review copies, we ask for:

the Reviewer's name and eManga username, along with their email (to confirm their copy) and an B&N/Amazon username or blog URL to confirm they've reviewed the book.

You can send the requests to me at kelly@emanga.com

I'll add a topic outlining the process here on the forums for future reference
*‧★,:*:‧ヽ(*・ω・)ノ゚‧:*‧°★
dmi social networking & marketing bro
kozato

Postby Russesa » Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:22 pm

Great! Thank you. :D
Russesa

Postby Mystaira » Fri Mar 23, 2012 7:33 pm

I'd completely forgotten about the DMG newsletter due to being busy, but I realized that I haven't seemed to have gotten one since September 14th last year. ._. Could there be a reason for that? I haven't gotten any in my junk mail either and I check that everyday. I guess for some reason I had just assumed there hadn't been any newletters since that one in September for some unknown reason, but it sounds like that isn't the case?
Mystaira

Postby crayon » Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:01 pm

Newsletters are sent out every Wednesday.
If you haven't gotten one - please email me contact (AT) digitalmangaguild DOT com
crayon
crayon

Postby Avid Reader » Tue Mar 27, 2012 6:10 pm

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask but I have yet to receive a reply so I'm not sure if my e-mails are getting through to contact@digitalmangaguild.com. I noticed on the most recent DMG newsletter that we could e-mail in for an advance on the tests for novels. Once we have submitted a request, when do you send them?

Thanks,
Avid Reader
Avid Reader

Postby crayon » Tue Mar 27, 2012 9:26 pm

Novel tests are currently administered by Ben Applegate.
(i don't know your real name, Avid Reader-)
I've seen bunch of requests that came into contact (at) digitalmangaguild DOT com and they were all forwarded to Ben. He will be contacting all of you within the next few days.

crayon
crayon

Postby Russesa » Thu Mar 29, 2012 12:04 am

I was just browsing around the Nook bookstore for the first time (yep, getting tempted :geek: ), and I was surprised and a bit dismayed at how long it took me to find any DMG/DMP titles simply by browsing and not by doing a title/publisher search. Most confusing was when I realized that they're all filed under Nook Books, and not under Nook Comics, which is where I naturally would have expected them to be. Nook Comics also has a really helpful Shop by Publisher option, which I didn't see in other sections of the Nook store. I guess I'm wondering if there are technical reasons for the counter-intuitive filing?
Russesa

Postby HiroPon » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:07 am

Dear Russesa,

Thank you for your input. We will look into this and see if this could actually be implemented during the categorization procedure.
HiroPon

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide