Depression of the Anti-Romanticist 2?

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Depression of the Anti-Romanticist 2?

Postby sun22 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:04 am

Yeah, I've noticed that (about Manga Updates). It's very clearly unfinished (and with the very obvious cliffhanger...), so it must be that either Manga Updates is wrong on this one (I hope so! they're occasionally wrong, so it's quite possible), or it was indeed canceled. If the latter, I wonder why it was licensed. Perhaps, it is just temporarily on-hold...Another possibility (though very unlikely) that "volume 1" refers to some different content than what we've got. In June's edition, the main story is just about half of the volume (the rest are unrelated - albeit quite interesting - short stories).

If anyone from June has any additional information on this title they could share (in particular, about the existence of the sequel), I'd really appreciate it.

The story itself is one of the more complex and original yaoi stories I've read recently. In its level of complexity and all the layers/nuances, it reminded me of "The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese" by Setona Mizushiro. A pity the situation with the sequel is so unclear (to me, at least). There were no "Author's Notes" in the manga either - typically those would say if there's any continuation planned or not.
sun22

Postby mo2468 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:14 pm

I checked e-hon under the author's name, and this was the most recent title that came up (publish date 6/2010), which is interesting considering you would think an author in the BL genre would have had something else written and published in 2 years. The artist had 4 or 5 other titles published since this one.
mo2468

Postby PalenMisha » Mon Mar 19, 2012 8:33 pm

All signs do seem to suggest there is not a volume 2, but the story clearly isn't finished. I got to the end and immediately hopped online to check and see if there was a volume 2, but I couldn't find anything either. I should really like to know what happens. Gah!
PalenMisha

Postby tomcruise123 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:24 am

nice post--**-*-
tomcruise123

Postby sun22 » Tue Oct 16, 2012 10:19 pm

GREAT NEWS! Just read DMP's announcement that Depression of the Antiromanticist vol 2 was licensed.

Really excited about this one, one of the best manga I read recently.
sun22

Postby pondshus2 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 9:49 pm

I hope they are wrong too. I wanted to see a different turn on this one and maybe something that pours a little bit more emotions and drama. Well that is just me and I would love to know what others want to see in it too.

-------------------------------------
SPELL BOUND
www.stopsnoringhelps.com
pondshus2

Return to Juné Titles