New website!

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

New website!

Postby Russesa » Thu Feb 09, 2012 11:33 pm

DMG's new website is up, and it's lovely. (^_^)b But as always when big changes happen, little things go out of wack. :shock: I mean for this thread to be a combination bug report/constructive criticism, so the website can get even better. (And I know a few things were already noted on twitter. See, we're lookin' out for you. :D) Here's some things I found, to start with:

*The frontpage says "Next Video Conference Schedule is February 29, 2012." If I recall, the next streams are on Feb. 17 and Mar. 2, so is that a mistake, or does it refer to something different?

*If I click Login while the email and password fields are blank, it takes me to the dashboard of, I guess it's a blank slate user, with the ID of G0000001828.

*The DMG Agreement can't be printed or saved. It says the file is damaged and can't be repaired. Says the same thing before and after I resubmitted my information.

*The online version of the Localizing Guidelines is missing the sample reference images, and it says Updated 6/8/2011 at the top, when there's an update from 9/12/2011 at the bottom. Also, it'd be nice to get a downloadable .pdf version of that again.

*The new Find Someone or Group tab is an interesting idea, but it sorely needs work. It's just not practical to browse through four names at a time (seemingly at random), with no way to search for someone by name or job type, and no way to go back in case you overclicked. Also, almost everyone I saw there had the "New user / Default profile summary," so I really hope you publicize this new feature in particular in the next newsletter so people know to either change their info to something more useful, or opt out of it in their Account Settings.

And that's it from me! Has anyone else gotten to play with the new site yet? :D
Russesa

Re: New website!

Postby Arakis » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:45 am

It seems to require that I log in twice before I actually log in. The first time, it just reloads the main page with empty email/pswd fields. That's not a huge deal, but it'd be nice if it worked the first time.

I might just be spoiled, but I was used to being able to get to the forums without logging in, since there was a forum link on the main page. Is there still one there, and I'm just overlooking it? Or was this intentional, so that only DMG members can (easily) access the forums?
Arakis

Postby kozato » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:17 am

YO guys! I just forwarded all your feedback to our tech guys!

And YES, we are going to publicize all these features shortly - today, if I have things my way! Keep an eye out for it!
*‧★,:*:‧ヽ(*・ω・)ノ゚‧:*‧°★
dmi social networking & marketing bro
kozato

Postby chirechan » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:38 pm

I noticed a menu link for Schedule A's. Now that the website is live, does that mean we will start receiving our new bundles?
chirechan

Postby kozato » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:29 pm

I believe Crayon was waiting for the new site to launch before getting the new assignments out, so yes, hopefully you'll all get new bundles fairly soon!
kozato

Postby coatimundi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:58 pm

One thing I'd love to have on the website: some type of "Publicizing Guidelines" page. All the groups are trying hard to build Internet presences and get the word out about our projects, and in an effort to make online followers feel involved we're often starting our publicity campaigns before the projects are released. I know some people have been unsure about what we can or can't say online about our projects--what images can we use? Can we say something about the plot or mention a character's name?

My letterer had to save me from making a big blunder not long ago and it got me thinking. These questions have been discussed here and there before, but the answers are split among the DMG agreement, forum posts, and the webcasts. It would be great to have just one spot we could check before posting anything.

Maybe it could be divided up by headings, something like--
Always Okay to Post
Okay to Post Before Release
Okay to Post After Release
Okay to Post With DMG Permission
Never Okay to Post

I know lots of groups have gotten along fine without this, but I think it would only makes things easier, and that's never a bad thing!
--Naname--
Translator: me
Typesetter: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
-----------------------------
nanamedmg.tumblr.com
coatimundi

Postby Russesa » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:09 am

Great idea! Crayon did make a post outlining what we can say, but it's buried in the Questions thread. And I remember it being stated a few times that we're allowed to post up to 9 pages plus the cover. It'd be nice to have official policy all in one easily accessible place.

I reread the FAQs in the forum and on the main site, and they could probably use an overhaul, too. A bit outdated, those, since many of the questions that were previously answered with "we're still working that out," now have more information.
Russesa

Postby kozato » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:07 pm

OOF, a publicity guidelines page would be really handy, wouldn't it? I'll see what I can do in regards to getting one going. At the very least, I'll see if I can get something put together for the newsletter so you guys have something to go off of until a permanent website page or something similar happens.
kozato

Postby coatimundi » Wed Mar 07, 2012 5:10 pm

I actually have that post of crayon's copy-pasted into a notepad document, since when I first read it I thought, "I'm going to need this and I will never be able to find it again...."
I'm so glad kozato's on board with this idea! Thank you!
--Naname--
Translator: me
Typesetter: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
-----------------------------
nanamedmg.tumblr.com
coatimundi

Return to The Guild Guide