Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Kurashina Sensei's Passion

Postby crayon » Sat Feb 18, 2012 4:08 pm

Primarily- lack of sales.
Sorry, hon.
crayon

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:20 am

That sucks. I thought it was more popular than that. Guess I gotta ask my old friend Yes asia to find out what happens next.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby lore » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:21 am

Crayon, wouldn't that make the remaining volumes good fodder for the DMG project? It's my hope that for future continuing series, you'll try to make licensing deals that will allow the Guild to continue with volumes even if the print sales don't justify new print volumes. I think making that effort, whenever licensing allows, would go a long way in terms of customer service. People might have more faith in buying Volume 1s if they knew they'd get the whole story, one way or another.

Personally, I'm not buying Guild books because I can't own them in a way I'd like, but I could be tempted to "the dark (digital) side" by a DMG production of the end of a series I'd been following.
lore

Postby crayon » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:37 am

Lore,

Yap, my goal is license ALL (... I mean, ALL- ...everything you can think of...) manga from Japan. I know what you are thinking- "all." that's not possible. But tha'ts the plan.
The keyword is "whenever licensing allows."

I'm also after those DMP series (from 2005) that we never got to finish.
So- yes, we are working on them.

crayon
crayon

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:02 pm

Digital...not really happy if that happens, but I can live with the rest coming to smaller, new standard print format.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby crayon » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 pm

Well- we are trying...
Lemme ask you this: would you rather NOT see the rest of the series..? or continue on digital format..?

crayon
crayon

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:12 pm

Hurr, well...for me personally atm digital isn't very handy, I don't feel like paying for something digital when I don't own a reader or even an ipad, reading on the computer feels cheap...but I'm sure others would be ok with it. I guess technically it's better than nothing. *sigh*
Senyoru-Chan

Postby 2old4yaoi » Fri Feb 24, 2012 6:29 pm

This series doesn't appeal to me but I think it highlights the conundrum facing some of June's licensed titles with multiple volumes that are facing lackluster sale. If June forges ahead & finish the series in one way or another - i.e. digitizing the previously publish volumes and finishing the series in the cheaper digital form, at least June might gain the reputation as a dependable publisher. However, the profit margin will probably be lower.

Or June can take a poll on if / how the readers want to see the series finished. Some of these titles that I suspect on hiatus due to lackluster print sales are:
1. Kurashina Sensei's Passion (2 volumes remaining though it's ongoing in Japan)
2. Love Control (vol 3 left)
3. Pure Heart (2 volumes remaining but it's ongoing in Japan)
4. Clear Skies (vol 4 - 11 left)
5. Tricky Prince (vol 2 left)
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:35 am

It looks pretty bad that way... :s
Senyoru-Chan

Postby niastyle » Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:54 am

I don't have a kindle or an iPad either, and I much rather prefer an actual book in my hands, but if it came down to it, I'd rather have the series finished digitally than not finished at all. Reading manga on my pc may be inconvenient, but it's more inconvenient never being able to finish a story I like and am really into. Digital Kurashina is 1,000 times better than no Kurashina!
niastyle

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles