DMG at Conventions

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

DMG at Conventions

Postby covarla » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:33 am

Just wondering what conventions our various DMG members would be attending. I know DMP has it's panels and booths, but is anyone else planning on representing the Guild at a convention? Anyone doing a panel on the guild, on translating, etc? I know we're planning on having a panel about the DMG and its works at Yaoi North (part of Anime North in Toronto). If anyone's interested in that, feel free to PM me, but otherwise what other conventions are y'all planning to be involved in this year?
covarla

Re: DMG at Conventions

Postby HiroPon » Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:22 pm

Thanks covarla for spreading the word (≧∇≦)! I think a presence at conventions will be great. I've been providing as many conventions possible with fliers, containing info on DMG. Fellow DMG'ers, please help in increasing the awareness of DMG.
HiroPon

Postby CCHHunter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:14 am

Both my wife and I (who are DMG typesetters) normally work the U.S. AUSA and Animazement conventions (though we may not participate this year due to a small otaku joining our family) but we would love to take flyers to the free table and talk about it during our events.
"Life is war, humans are the casualty"
-Matthew L. Sharpe (Myself)-
CCHHunter

Postby Cave » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:45 pm

I think fliers are a great idea!

I'll be at Anime Boston, mostly in the karaoke room as a staff member. ^_^
Cave

Postby Cavechan » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Woah, that was weird. The above post is by me. I guess I accidentally created two accounts here at some point! I was confused seeing only one post.
Cavechan: Letterer

Team: Manonrose, Mikanmikan, CCHHunter
Cavechan

Postby chirechan » Wed May 23, 2012 6:21 am

With con season upon us, I thought I'd see if DMP or other guild members will be at any east coast cons? I think NYCC is the same week as Yaoicon, but Otakon is super close to me. I always feel a bit old and outdated at Otakon, but the promise of the dealer room can usually lure me in. :lol:

If other DMGers are around, I could probably be talked into doing a panel on the guild...
chirechan

Postby hanged_man » Wed May 23, 2012 10:45 am

I usually hit up a run of East Coast cons over the summer and into the fall (Animazement, AMA, AUSA and Nekocon). I'll be skipping AnimeNEXT this year because it's the weekend before AMA, and I usually pass on Otakon just because it's so big. Obviously I don't mind travelling, though, so I'd be happy to show up for support or collaboration for anything DMG-related.
wer keine fremdsprache kennt, weiß nichts von seiner eigenen. [goethe]
hanged_man

Return to The Guild Guide