Itazura manga thoughts

Talk about Itazura na Kiss here!

Itazura manga thoughts

Postby itazura4ever » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:06 pm

I'm going to go ahead and start this, because I just wanted to get my squee out. I'm super excited about finally getting to own a real copy of an Itazura manga! It's one of those rare shojo titles I like reading over and over again, just because it's so funny. The awkwardness of Kotoko's and Irie's interactions are absolutely priceless! I think the anime is good as well, but there's something about being able to own something that carries the mark of its original creator. I think that's why I'm such a huge manga collector. I know it's still a ways ahead, but I'm really looking forward to it! ;)
itazura4ever

Re: Itazura manga thoughts

Postby chibi-oni » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:12 pm

That's great to hear, Itazura4Ever! I hope everyone is as enthusiastic when DMP releases Itazura Na Kiss in November.
chibi-oni

Postby Wasabiman » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:23 pm

The color cover image is a bit bland....i'm going to buy one copy to read...and one copy to color in the pages...and make my own Itazura color manga version.
Wasabiman

Postby itazura4ever » Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:40 pm

Well, it's definitely not a new title-so the art is more old school colored-back in the day when people didn't rely on computers to color everything. But it doesn't look any different to me from the older Hana Yori No Daigo or Takahashi mangas...I like her art though-especially the expressions. How funny to want to color in a manga! I think I did that with Sailor Moon when I was 12!
itazura4ever

Postby saturnfireflie » Thu Apr 30, 2009 8:24 am

I am very excited at the release of this manga.
It was a long awaited title - and I am so glad someone picked it up
I know there is a lot of volumes - so hopefully there is enough interest to keep it going.

I fell in love with this series when I started to watch the Taiwanese drama from a few years back.
The story is certainly addictive.

As for the drawing style. I actually like it a lot. Its in an older style of manga which I tend to prefer.

Manga from the 90s rocks! Hope you bring out more great, older-shoujo titles :mrgreen:
saturnfireflie

Postby chibi-oni » Fri May 01, 2009 11:26 am

Glad to hear you're excited about Itazura, saturnfireflie. We hope current audiences will support a classic title like this, as we'd like to publish the full series. Get the word out!
chibi-oni

Postby rozeh » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 am

Hi. I just registered here to say I want to thank DMP for choosing ItaKiss!

I love this manga! And now I'm just so happy it got licensed! I'm from Asia, btw. I hope I can buy it online when it gets publish. :D

Edit: I've posted this in the Itazura announcement post. I'll post this here too so any staff can reply to me :)

First of all, I’m really happy and overjoyed that ItaKiss is going to be publish by DMP. I really am. I love the series everything about it (including the manga which has been scanlated up to volume 7, the anime and the tawainese adaptation)

But I’m just a little worried. ItaKiss manga is composed of 23 volumes and not 12 so I’m guessing you guys will only publish it up until the couple gets married? That’s kind of sad. Their life after the wedding is even more interesting! Please, please publish it until the “end”!
rozeh

Postby chibi-oni » Wed Jun 17, 2009 11:30 am

Each volume of DMP's Itazura Na Kiss will be omnibus-sized, containing over 300 pages. It is our intent to publish Kaoru Tada's entire manga, up until the point when the mangaka passed away. We are hoping the sales and interest will be strong enough to accomplish this, so please support the series and spread the word to others to pick up Itazura Na Kiss!
chibi-oni

Postby saturnfireflie » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:12 pm

sorry I am not hip to the lingo.. (>_<);;
and for clarification:

what does "omnibus-sized" mean?

Edit:
Ive been trying to research this out... (haha)
does this mean that volume 1 will have the first 3 volumes packed into one book? (or something like that)
If so, I think that is a good idea when releasing older, long running manga titles ^^
saturnfireflie

Postby chibi-oni » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:26 pm

In our particular case, I think it's 2 volumes per omnibus - but you have the general idea.
chibi-oni

Next

Return to Itazura na Kiss