Brilliant Blue

Talk about DokiDoki titles like Train Train!

Re: Brilliant Blue

Postby aoi_aka » Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 am

Shroud wrote:I bought it and it came in the post today. What a deliciously cute story! I'll definitely be reviewing this one. It deserves attantion. It is sweet, but not too sugary,and the story is sensitive to the uke's "slowness".

Yes, I love that the whole first volume and part of the second is all about building up that romantic connection between them instead of being all about a horny seme pushing down a slow uke. It's one of my favorites.
aoi_aka

Postby Pezqueen » Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:47 pm

The Brilliant Blue series is really laugh out loud funny. :lol: It blends romance with comedy so easily. I also like that the characters and situations seem real. The involvement of families and neighbors in small town life against the reality of being gay and embracing that lifestyle is engaging and begs for repeated readings. The mangaka has a great flare for comedy and expressive drawing to backup the storylines.
Pezqueen

Postby anime_earth » Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:27 am

Yes, I am so glad I bought this series. Honestly, I was hesitating for couple of months ( with so many new titles and so little money ) - to buy or not to buy since I havent had a chance to preview the chapters anywhere.

Thank GxD for once, my instinct was right. It's one of the better series around. Fluffy cute couple and interesting feel good plot. I never regret buying the 2 volume series.

To those who are sitting on the fence on this title, just go and plurge on this title, you wont regret it. Thumbs up!!
anime_earth

Postby kokiden » Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:58 pm

It's almost a whole year since the last post about Brilliant Blue, but I just reread it, and I love this series. I was really surprised, too. I kind of felt weird at first, thinking "Wow, is it really ethical for this guy to romance this stupid kid?" LOL But in the end the humor and the sweetness won me over. I also think it's pretty erotic for a Doki Doki story, but in just the right way.
kokiden

Postby alexar » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm

I loved this title! And I want to thank DMP for introducing me to Yorita Saemi. You guys also chose the right title to publish from her, since I haven't been as happy with the other stuff I've read from her as with this one.
alexar

Previous

Return to DokiDoki Titles