Translators Looking to Join a Group

Need to find members for your group? This is the place!

Re: Translators Looking to Join a Group

Postby HiroPon » Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 pm

@caitlinj504 - Welcome to the DMG family! Did you already register at the DMG website? If not, please do so from the link below and you'll have access to the preliminary test given to all registered translators. THANKS!
http://digitalmangaguild.com/
HiroPon

Postby kraykabe » Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:55 pm

Hi there!

My name is Emily, I've been an egg (white on the outside, yellow on the in) all my life.
My profession is clay walls. I trained in Kyoto under a master sakan (plasterer), returned to the states, wrote a book, and now live in Colorado, building my tiny homestead year by year.
I grew up watching Japanese television, including the show "Sazaesan," which is created by the DMI's President's family. To be honest, that's hooked me to DMG the most.

Since I've been out of the Manga loop for a long time, the only one I can offer as my favorite is Doraemon. (also a tv show) Anyone know it?! Doraemon was my childhood hero... : )

I understand the reason why so many people seriously dig Manga. In my tiny town, I help our own local Manga group made up of some of our middle-schoolers. They are pretty hard core fans!

So I've passed the test for Translator, Editor, and hoping to figure out typesetting but not sure it's realistic. I also see the value in having someone else check my work, even though I'm pretty confident in my editing skills. Anyone need an editor? They're probably pretty abundant...

Yoroshiku! I'm willing to join multiple groups for sure.
kraykabe

Postby kraykabe » Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:26 pm

This is Emily. I've got a group! Nevermind the bit about joining multiple for now, I believe I jumped the gun there.  Maybe down the road? Domo!
kraykabe

Postby jellifish86 » Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:41 pm

Hi! My name is Krysta and I am looking for a group to join. I mostly want to do translation, but I am able to do editing as well. Please let me know if you need a translator!

よろしくお願いいたします。
jellifish86

Postby Kaerhyn » Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey guys. Kaerhyn here to join a group. Anyone looking for a free TLer?
Kaerhyn

Postby stlwright » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:15 am

Looking for an editor and letterer who hasn't found a group yet or you can be in a group. Send me an email or send me a message on twitter. @boypassiondmg
akasha2003 - Typesetter
trunkschan90 - Typesetter
angelzash - Editor
Chilli - Editor
mushroomery - Translator
stlwright - Translator

http://twitter.com/#!/BoyPassionDMG

*Group closed*
stlwright

Postby stlwright » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:24 pm

Looking for an editor and letterer who hasn't found a group yet or you can be in a group. Send me an email or send me a message on twitter. @boypassiondmg

Group found :)
akasha2003 - Typesetter
trunkschan90 - Typesetter
angelzash - Editor
Chilli - Editor
mushroomery - Translator
stlwright - Translator

http://twitter.com/#!/BoyPassionDMG

*Group closed*
stlwright

Postby Dramatic_Prince » Tue Aug 07, 2012 3:30 pm

Hello,

My name is Kevin, I passed both translator and editor tests, and I am willing to help any groups who are in need of either or both roles.

It's a pleasure to meet you all.
Dramatic_Prince

Postby nagamoto » Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:36 pm

Hi, my name is Emily! I just passed the translator test and I'm looking to join a group :)
nagamoto

Postby kmleizar » Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:00 am

Hey,

My name is Katsuo. I'm a graduate student who just passed the translator's test and I want to be part of a 3 person group. I was taught how to speak and read Japanese since I was 7 and attended a regular public school in Japan for 3 years so I'm familiar with quite a few verbal nuances.

My favorite genre include but are not limited to Seinen, Shonen, Historical, Adventure, Supernatural, Mystery, Comedy, Drama, Action, Sports, Martial Arts, and Psychological.

Send an email to kmleizar@gmail.com if you're interested in working with me.

Thanks!
Katsuo
kmleizar

PreviousNext

Return to Group Search