The test is out

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: The test is out

Postby Trimble » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:29 am

Ok, submitted both the letterer and editor tests. Just wanted to let you know I couldn't submit in anything other than .txt format for the editor test (after about 5 tries), might want to look into that :geek: .
Trimble

Postby Reami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:36 am

Sorry english is not my native language and I'm not sure if I get what you meant here:

Please make sure your files are flattened jpegs in bitmap format and each jpeg is no larger than 1mb each.

Do I need to save it as .jpg or as .bmp? and if it's not one of these what do I need to do? Btw. I'm using Photoshop CS3

Greets
Reami

Postby starlightmuse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:39 am

ZepysGirl wrote:You're applying for all 3 positions? If you get OK'ed for all of them, does that mean you could be your own group? :lol:

Yep, you could be your own group if you apply and pass for all three positions!

Let me know if you encounter a problem later with your test -- we'll get it taken care of.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby starlightmuse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:43 am

Trimble wrote:Ok, submitted both the letterer and editor tests. Just wanted to let you know I couldn't submit in anything other than .txt format for the editor test (after about 5 tries), might want to look into that :geek: .

Please keep file upload issues to the other thread so I can troubleshoot and answer everyone's uploading problems in one place. Thanks!

As for your problem, it's been different for everyone. It's not one particular type of file. Please PM me with the specific issues you're having AFTER checking this thread: viewtopic.php?f=56&t=1407
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby starlightmuse » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:45 am

Reami wrote:Sorry english is not my native language and I'm not sure if I get what you meant here:

Please make sure your files are flattened jpegs in bitmap format and each jpeg is no larger than 1mb each.

Do I need to save it as .jpg or as .bmp? and if it's not one of these what do I need to do? Btw. I'm using Photoshop CS3

Greets

Save as a .jpg. Instead of a grayscale or RGB image, make it bitmap.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby Reami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:54 am

hmm... if I turn it into a bitmap I can't save it as a .jpg anymore. Am I the only one having this problem?
Reami

Postby Milky » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:01 pm

Reami wrote:hmm... if I turn it into a bitmap I can't save it as a .jpg anymore. Am I the only one having this problem?

Hi!! : D

I think you saved the image using "save as" right? I assume you still have your psd file? if you do, then, open the psd file and go to "save for web and device" ( you might wanna save this way in order to make your file under 1MB ). You should be able to choose what format you want to use in there, so choose jpg, and choose the right file size, and save! : D

English is not my first language either, so I hope you understand my English. : D

Good luck!!
Milky

Postby Kiliana » Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:25 pm

starlightmuse wrote:Save as a .jpg. Instead of a grayscale or RGB image, make it bitmap.

:shock: Oh crap. I already uploaded my finished test, and yeah they are .jpg's but all of them are in grayscale ;_;
It's what I always submitted pages in and I went with grayscale kind of automatic.. well nevermind this, but what should I do now? Leave it like it is? Upload again? Panic and bang my head against nearest wall till I make a new window?_? @_@''

><
-- Editor found, group now completed ^_^ Thank you all! --

~ Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~
Ernest Gaines
Kiliana

Postby Reami » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:13 pm

Hi!! : D

I think you saved the image using "save as" right? I assume you still have your psd file? if you do, then, open the psd file and go to "save for web and device" ( you might wanna save this way in order to make your file under 1MB ). You should be able to choose what format you want to use in there, so choose jpg, and choose the right file size, and save! : D

English is not my first language either, so I hope you understand my English. : D

Good luck!!

Thanks a lot for your help. I saved them like that now, but the quality looks miserable. Well I never saved something like that before so I hope it's alright then.
Reami

Postby canary » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:32 pm

as starlightmuse write in first post, resize images to 180dpi, so you don't lose the quality when exporting the file.
canary

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide