The test is out

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: The test is out

Postby starlightmuse » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:28 pm

Nope, there are no cropping dimensions for now, just do your best!
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby Solevin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:43 pm

starlightmuse wrote:Nope, there are no cropping dimensions for now, just do your best!

thanks for the quick reply ^^ will do!
Solevin

Postby Solevin » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:11 pm

lys wrote:Thanks for the response! I'm uploading my finished test now...or trying. I'm concerned about the "200 kb" limit—is that even possible for a zip file containing multiple high-res images?. Actually, it just gave me this error message:

You have missed the deadline to upload your test, which was 16:00, Jan 03, 1970 PST. There will be another test given soon; we will contact you shortly with more information. Thank you.

I wasn't even born in 1970! My deadline should be 10pm on the 11th.

Ermm...getting this error too. My deadline was at 21:28 Nov 11, 2010 PST.
Solevin

Postby izanagi » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:23 pm

I was wondering about the fonts... For the test I'd probably use free downloadable fonts but for the actual thing, will we be provided with fonts or how does that work? I saw this question in the Questions thread but no answer yet there or in the FAQ so I thought I'd echo it here since the tests are out. Thanks!
izanagi

Postby starlightmuse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:22 am

izanagi wrote:I was wondering about the fonts... For the test I'd probably use free downloadable fonts but for the actual thing, will we be provided with fonts or how does that work? I saw this question in the Questions thread but no answer yet there or in the FAQ so I thought I'd echo it here since the tests are out. Thanks!

I guess I missed it in the Questions thread, will try and properly answer this in the FAQ soon. We don't have any rules on fonts, and there aren't any restrictions on the ones generally used in lettering. I'll get back to you though on whether fonts are provided or not...I believe in the platform we're creating everything will be ready to go.
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby starlightmuse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:24 am

Solevin wrote:Ermm...getting this error too. My deadline was at 21:28 Nov 11, 2010 PST.

We weren't sure if it was just one person getting this error, but since you're the second to mention we're going to have a further look...
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby Laurie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:59 am

I have a question about the lettering test too. Is it safe for me to assume some of the panels have been intentionally damaged for test purposes? So if I see something that looks really wrong to me in the graphics, but that in a real manga could only have been done by the artist (i.e. it's not scan artifact or blurred edges or something- it was obviously intentional on someone's part), is it okay for me to assume that it's probably there for testing purposes, and I should go ahead and fix it?
Laurie

Postby starlightmuse » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:32 pm

Laurie wrote:I have a question about the lettering test too. Is it safe for me to assume some of the panels have been intentionally damaged for test purposes? So if I see something that looks really wrong to me in the graphics, but that in a real manga could only have been done by the artist (i.e. it's not scan artifact or blurred edges or something- it was obviously intentional on someone's part), is it okay for me to assume that it's probably there for testing purposes, and I should go ahead and fix it?

Yes, the scans were intentionally left as is. Go ahead and clean or fix as you see fit ^_^
starlightmuse
Site Admin

Postby izanagi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:27 pm

Thanks for your swift help, starlightmuse! ^-^

Solevin: well although I don't know for sure (because I haven't done the last test yet) the multiple file submission should be able to cover all the files, right? (Hopefully...)
izanagi

Postby izanagi » Wed Nov 10, 2010 2:28 pm

Laurie: Ack! Now I'm afraid to open the test, ha ha ^-^)> Here goes! o(>0<;)o
izanagi

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide