Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Postby eclst » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:06 pm

Boo!!! My post didn't show :cry: ..

:waves: Hi everyone :D

My name is Eva but I go by eclst or smexy_cakes online ;) .. like many of you I just received my results and passed the EDITOR test so I am at the moment looking for: Typesetter and Translator...

About Me

Well I am in the process of getting my Masters in Creative Writing for the entertainment industry, so I am either reading or writing scripts and watching lots and lots of movies...

What I want to do is work in the comic or animation industry professionally 'cause I'm a child at heart :).

I first got introduced to anime/manga way back when Sailor Moon was just airing....

I'm an undercover fujoshi... err... actually I am on overall undercover Otaku xD

At the moment I am reading Death Note, Pandora Hearts, and My Girlfriend is a Geek... [when I can]

My fav yaoi has to be Junjo <3 :)

The reason I decided to join the guild was mainly for the experience...

Well hope to hear from some of you :)
eclst

Postby requiescat » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:09 pm

Hello! My name is Yoon Ha Lee and I just passed the editor test. I'm interested in joining a group.

My training is actually in math, but I write sf/f short fiction (http://www.yoonhalee.com/storiessold.phtml and you can google various of my stories). A couple of my stories have appeared in Year's Best anthologies for the genres (e.g. "Eating Hearts" in Year's Best Fantasy 6, ed. Hartwell & Cramer, and "Flower, Mercy, Needle Chain" is due out from two Year's Bests), and I used to tutor writing when I was in college. I'm interested in smoothing out translations so that they sound natural in English, and working to make sure the nuances match those in the source text whenever possible.

I like reading a variety of manga (and manhwa when I can get my hands on it), although I especially enjoy science fictional, supernatural, or fantastic settings. Right now my favorites are Fullmetal Alchemist, xxxHolic, and Claymore.

YHL [requiescat@cityofveils.com]
requiescat

Postby shishock » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:24 pm

Hey Everyone! My Name's Shannon (or Shi), and I'm a Typesetter looking for a group!

If anyone wants to know a little about me, I'm 21, have a about a year of college behind me, and am currently saving up money so I can go back and finish my degree. My father owned and operated a advertisement magazine, and taught me how to edit, set, and design. I'm an artist and work digitally a majority of the time. I've done concepts designs and artwork for a student short film that in currently in post, and concepts for another that will be shooting soon.

And yeah I'm a BL fan. Can't help myself ;)

So yes, I'm friendly (I swear!), professional, and hard working.
shishock

Postby saiyaman » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Typesetter looking for editor and translator

Hey, my name is Chris (screen name is saiyaman) I passed the test as a typesetter. I have never typeset comics, however, before you get scared off, I studied graphic design for 3 years before switching to animation. I am currently a motion graphics artist for the past 3 years, so deadlines are not new to me at all. I love manga and anime and I am looking to get into typesetting in my spare time for nights and weekends. If you are interested in teaming up PM me or contact me via email (contact button on website) I use my .edu email from college yet so I can get emails from the animation department still. If you decide you want to team up I can give you further contact info such as facebook, phone and skype. Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks for your time!

*I am also up for being the leader of the group if needed, I am an organized individual.

*my website http://biewermotion.com/
saiyaman

Postby yukitsukihana » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:25 pm

Hello!
I registered individually as an editor.
My favorite genres are BL and fantasy (whether shounen or shoujo).
I haven't officially edited anything, but I've been a beta for a couple fanfics.

I've been studying Japanese for about eight years now, and am currently an East Asian Studies major at university, specializing in Japan.

I would love to join up with a translator who will let me see the original pages so I can understand the context of what I am to edit.

If you have any more questions, please feel free to PM me.
I'm looking forward to hearing from all of you!
yukitsukihana

Postby stlwright » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:28 pm

I couldn't edit my earlier post, but so far we have two editors kupo and angelzash, still looking for another translator and two more typesetters.
akasha2003 - Typesetter
trunkschan90 - Typesetter
angelzash - Editor
Chilli - Editor
mushroomery - Translator
stlwright - Translator

http://twitter.com/#!/BoyPassionDMG

*Group closed*
stlwright

Postby ailenicon » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Hey everyone,

There are a whole lot of editors posting on this forum, and I'm yet another. I guess this is where I tell you all about myself. I'm thirty-three years old, live in Brooklyn, NY, and my day job is at an indie publisher where I am the head of marketing and sales. I graduated (back in the dark ages, compared to most of you) with a double major in American and British literature and American history. I'm no stranger to manga; I was the admin of a scanlation group for four years, and I also freelance for a major manga publisher as an editor/rewriter. I was the supervising editor at the now defunct DrMaster and used to edit for another yaoi publisher that shall remain nameless. I also do some lettering on the side for a small company that releases manga on the iPhone. So, I guess I have plenty of experience.

I've already got a translator in the group and am need of a typesetter. Let me know if any of you are interested. I swear I'm a lot of fun once you get a few drinks in me....

Oh, and if there are any Entropy alum out there, give me a holla!

Ailen
ailenicon

Postby Doktor » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:36 pm

Hello, all! Editor here, looking for a typesetter and translator to work with.
My name's Montana, I'm 18 years old and as of yet I have no experience in this field, but I'm very much looking forward to gaining some!
I'm currently in college, so I'm busy a lot of the time, but as of mid-March I'll have plenty of time with which to work on manga editing.
Not sure if it counts for much, but I've been a hardcore anime and manga fan since middle school, as well as a terrible self-proclaimed fujoshi throughout high school and into college. I don't read as much yaoi as I used to [although I'm open to recommendations], but I know the famous series and more prolific authors well enough to hold up a conversation.

I'm not completely sure what it entails yet, but I'd be happy to be the group contact.

Looking forward to getting to know and working with you!
Feel free to essage me if you want my email address or to get to know me better.
Editor of Taiheiyou Dreamers
Doktor

Postby RealizeMu » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:45 pm

Howdy.

My name is Aaron (nom de guerre: RealizeMu) and I am a translator. My academic background is in East Asian Languages and Literatures with a specialization in Japanese and I'm currently trying to save up money to finish my last six credits.

I've volunteered for a couple of scanslation groups on various manga for the past two years in addition to professional and personal work (right now I'm working on a draft of Maijo Otaro's novel Ashura Girl). My favorite manga are Excel Saga, GTO, and Ranma 1/2 (my first love). I personally prefer more offbeat and abstract works, but I'm good to translate anything so long as the storyline is engaging.

I'm currently a free agent so don't feel afraid to send me a PM with relevant info (or even just to shoot the breeze). I look forward to working with you all.
Translator extraordinaire.
Team 1: Yaya_koshiya & akasa2003
Team 2: doodlelover, zhelenstilo, & ZepysGirl
RealizeMu

Postby Shoyren » Mon Jan 31, 2011 8:46 pm

So hi, I'm Shoyren, and I just passed the editor test and am currently looking for group.

I'm an 18 year-old soon-to-be college student going into Economics. I also do some tutoring for high school kids in various subject areas. While I haven't gotten any "official" experience with editting, I have done well in all the honors and AP classes I took in English and have gotten published in the literary magazine there. I do love manga mostly because I find it aesthetically appealing and because I like the slice of life series (Kiyohiko Azuma is my hero). I'll be willing to edit for almost any series, including (er, especially?) yaoi and yuri. I pride myself on keeping my word, so I'll do my best to do my part in a timely manner.

If you'd like to contact me, just send me a PM! :)
Shoyren

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide