Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Postby jsmcnally22 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:27 pm

Hello, my name is John!

I'm registered (and passed the test) as an editor and i am looking for a group.

I love manga and I have a giant collection of manga books, over 450 to be a little more specific.

I'll also volunteer as spokesman for any group i join if necessary. If that's not needed, then no worries!
My Group::>
Editor: Me, jsmcnally22 jsmcnally22@gmail.com
Typesetter: AVAILABLE
Translator: AVAILABLE
jsmcnally22

Postby trunkschan90 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:33 pm

Hello, my name is Liz and I passed test :D
I need a group that would like a typesetter or editor since I applied for both. I'm happy with being typesetter :)
I am Typesetter: Group Found
trunkschan90

Postby Kiyama_Harumi » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:34 pm

Hello, my username is Kiyama_Harumi. I applied as an individual for the position of editor. I am fluent in English and as for my Japanese, I know enough to survive in Japanese anime chat sites. I'm not very good with kanji, though. Because of that, I only applied for an editor which I'm certain I can do well because I'm basically a grammar Nazi. :lol: If anyone is interested in taking me in their group, please shoot a PM my way.

Oh, I guess there should some info included about me, huh? Well, I'm a huge fan of BL and won't get offended if called a 'fujoshi'. :D That doesn't mean I won't take projects for normal manga, though. I'm in university right now but that won't be a problem since I like getting ahead of term projects so I pretty much have lots of free time (which I usually use to watch anime or read manga).

That's it, I guess, and thank you very much for taking the time to read this.
Kiyama_Harumi

Postby Komishika » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:36 pm

Typesetter/Editor looking for a group!

Just got the confirmation email that I've been accepted for the Guild with instruction that I need to find/form a group since I have not yet already.

I'm a 26 year old female living in North Texas. I have an associates degree in multimedia & web design. I worked for a short stint with a scanlation group several years ago and had been looking to get back into working with digital manga typesetting, but on an actual more professional level. I feel as though I have an excellent grasp on proper English language (even if I choose not to use it most of the time on the internet) having been raised by an English major teacher for a mother. Yes it was beat into me for several years. Really looking forward to working with the DMG so if anyone is willing to group up with this typesetter/editor, please contact me!
Komishika

Postby angelzash » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:39 pm

Hi!

I'm Heather. I've registered and passed the test as an editor, so now I need a group! I've lived in Japan, teach English Composition, and write my own stories. So anyone need an editor in their group? :D
angelzash

Postby Solitary Agent » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:41 pm

Editor

Hi, I'm Kimberly. :)

I'm thirty (an old fujoshi, yikes) and I'm currently a student at the University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, majoring in communications. I also hold an associate's degree in legal assisting. Working with a manga company is one of my preferred future occupations, so this is a great opportunity for me! I've enjoyed manga for over ten years, and it's been great seeing the selection go from a few books hidden away in a corner of the bookstore to a section spanning several tall shelves with hundreds of volumes in most stores.

I've been a writer the majority of my life. I learned to read when I was four, and started writing a few years later. In elementary school I was an über-geek winning lots of spelling bees and creative writing contests. In high school I was a volunteer librarian (our school was too small to hire a real one), an office assistant, the go-to computer geek (teachers would call me out of class to fix things) and on the yearbook staff. I also enjoy art, though I'm not nearly at the level I'd like to be. I recently started a webcomic. If you want to check out my artwork, my DeviantArt is a good place to start: http://trafficcontrol.deviantart.com

I proofread and edit VERY quickly. My typing speed is somewhere around 65 wpm. My grammar-nazi badge of honor is that I made an 800 on the SAT English section (perfect score.) The math half of the test, well, not so good. :P I've had some writing published in the Chattanooga Times Free Press - I did music reviews for a while on a voluntary basis while I was working in their advertising department. I take my work very seriously and I'm good with deadlines. I'm also online a lot, so I respond to e-mail quickly. Let me know if you'd like to team up with me! I also don't mind being the group representative, if needed. Thanks!
Solitary Agent

Postby Lorelei » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:42 pm

Another person looking for a group here~ Hi, I'm Lorelei (or you can call me Lore) and I passed the test to become an editor, though I do have some experience in typesetting/cleaning/etc. (: I don't have a very extensive list of English credentials unless you count the fact that I got 5's on both my English Language and Literature AP tests? I spend a lot of time reading and writing, though, so I think my "command of the English language" is pretty strong.

I'm a 21-year-old Vietnamese-American living in the North Texas area, and I've been a huge anime/manga fan almost since I could walk. Currently I'm a college student pursuing a natural science major, though history and literature are still really important to me. I'm interested in pretty much every kind of genre of manga from horror to yaoi to shoujo to seinen--there's very little I won't read, and I've read hundreds of different series over the years.

@Komishika: Another North Texas person! Maybe we could group together? :D
Lorelei

Postby stlwright » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:43 pm

Hello my name is Tracy, 25 (F) many call me tray, I passed as a translator (I have been studying Japanese for 3 years) and I'm so excited. I signed up as a group and need a editor and typesetter (letterer) to join, or I plan to join other groups, seeing that we can join more than one. In the real world I'm a really busy person, I work at a law firm as an office assistant, attend Devry online for game programming, and i have a five year old son. (Hope I'm not getting too personal) *coughs. In a year I plan on working on more than 3 projects. I have been roaming around and never formally introduced myself, but here I am. Nice to meet you all. :D
akasha2003 - Typesetter
trunkschan90 - Typesetter
angelzash - Editor
Chilli - Editor
mushroomery - Translator
stlwright - Translator

http://twitter.com/#!/BoyPassionDMG

*Group closed*
stlwright

Postby nennen1975 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:46 pm

Hello,

I just received notification that I passed the Editor test of DM. I registered as an individual and am looking for others who are interested in forming a group.

I do not any experience doing this type of work, however I love mangas (although I can only read them online since most of the genre's I like aren't readily available in my country ;) ). I can only do editing if the script is in English since I don't know how to read Japanese. :oops:

So if you're willing to give a newbie a chance then please contact me. Looking forward to working with you :D
Editor
Searching for:
Letterer
Translator
nennen1975

Postby jennkei » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:47 pm

Looking at the current page, do we foresee an excess of editors and typesetters? Like usual, I guess..-wry-

Another editor/typesetter reporting in for duty. I'm fast if I get to it. -coughs- I'd really rather go freelance than in a group, but..meh..guess that's not possible. :(
jennkei

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide