Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Postby Kaikoloren » Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:39 am

Hi Everyone!

Nice to meet all of you!
I've passed the typesetter test and am interested in find a group.

As far as qualifications, I'm currently a graphic designer and have my BFA. I know how to use many software packages and am use to working with deadlines. In my free time, I'm a digital fantasy artist with a desire to create my own manga one day.

Right now, I am in Japan learning Japanese until April but I'll be back in the US afterwards (Central). So I have some knowledge of Japanese, but still have a ways to go before I'd even try to be a translator. However, I'm learning much about the culture here and making many friends from several nations.

Mostly, I'm interested in BL manga but I also enjoy Shounen-ai and some Shoujo titles. My interests have been expanding more and more as I find so many new titles in the tight corridors of Mandarake, K-books and Animate. LOL! I'm getting very artistically inspired here in Toyko!

There are many things I'm looking for in a team such as professional mindset, works well with deadlines and good communication skills. But beyond that, I'd like to work with people who have a passion for their work, are understanding, and would like to learn more from each other. Business is business but good relationships make the work far more enjoyable.

Feel free to PM me if you're interested in contacting me about a group. Or if you just want to network. I always enjoy making new friends.

Smiles,

Kaikoloren
Kaikoloren

Postby Ikichi » Wed Feb 02, 2011 7:31 am

Izaya and I have partnered up and we are now looking for translators!
Please PM either me or Izaya if you are a translator looking for a group.
We both have experience in our respective fields and we are in need of a translator!
We are looking forward to working with you :D
Ikichi

Postby lokivsanubis » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:14 am

Group still searching for translator. We are an editor and type setter. Please pm if interested.
Owns over 100 volumes of BL Manga
Owns over 100 scans of BL manga.

Love Potion
Editor- Lokivsanubis
Letter- Milky
Translator-- KudouUsagi
lokivsanubis

Postby imperialkat » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:38 am

Wow, there are an awful lot of editors out there.

About myself: I'm 24-year-old and from Norfolk, VA and I've passed the editor test. I graduated with my masters, and now I work at a university. I've been seriously watching anime since 2000 and reading manga since 2005 and have a collection of over 400 graphic novels. I also have editing experience coming from various writing assignments, editing lab manuals for underclassmen, and preparing my thesis. I'm also interested in learning about and understanding Japanese culture.

I'm a laid-back type of person who works well with others. I will work hard to keep a deadline and respond to e-mails quickly, though that could occasionally be a challenge mid-day. I like to make sure my work comes out smooth and natural-sounding. As far as genres, I'll work on anything no prob.

If anyone wants to form a group with me or have me join theirs feel free to hit me up.
Team Empire
Editor: imperialkat
Translator: Befrienderer
Typesetter: searching...
imperialkat

Postby Semaru » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:58 am

Hi all,

I received my test results, and I've passed the editor and typesetter tests. I'm looking for a slower paced group, since I have obligations that will keep me busy during the week. But I would love to use my weekends for DMG. Looking for people in similar situations that would love to have a great time and put out quality books.

thanks!
Semaru

Postby Llyn » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:09 am

Editor/Typesetter

Hey Gang:

Storyboard artist with 20 years of writing and drawing, 10 years of Photoshop. I publish my own books:
at Bobcat Publishing http://www.llynsplace.com/BP.swf

I am a comics and manga junkie and am a relatively new aficionado of BL. My Japanese is not great, but I am great at taking word by word translations and transforming them into an understandable and enjoyable English read.

I can edit and typeset at the same time, but that depends on the types of deadlines we may experience.

That's about it; looking forward to being a part of the project.
Llyn

Translators we need you!

Postby Dredious » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:21 am

Much like everyone else heh, we know you're in short supply but if one of you are out there please contact me at
aj22much@aol.com
Dredious

Postby xanderion » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:56 am

Like Dredious said, we need a Translator.

Team for the moment includes me, the typesetter and Dredious, the editor.
I have a preference for BL and Ladies, Dreadious for shounen. But we have a wide taste in our mangas reading and are willing to work on any genre.

We search a dedicated and efficient translator. Someone who won't mind if I were to ask them for checking the final version just to see if I haven't switched some speech bubbles, for explanation when the meaning of a line leaves me in the dark :?: ... that kind of stuff.

We want to produce the best work we can in a good team atmosphere.

So let us know if you want to join us. PM me or Dredious.
Team: Kaedama Translations
Translators/Editors: tarocake & Zama
Typesetter: me
xanderion

Postby doodlelover » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:02 am

Hi! My name is Nykolle, and I've passed the typesetter and editor tests. I'm looking for a translator or group that's willing to work closely to one another.

I'm a fast learner and listen to instruction well. I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to typesetting/cleaning/editing, but I get things done faster because of it, rather than against it. I work well with others, and have been in plenty of groups like this before, so communicating wouldn't be a problem.

I'm all up for ideas and any kind of pace you'd like to set for yourself/the rest of us. My hope and goal is to get as many titles done as possible (of any and all genres), but I know that's not the case with most, so I'll set my pace to fit the entire team as a whole, helping anyone that needs it. My time schedule is flexible, so I'd be able to commit my entire time to projects if needed. Before anything, I'd like to get to know everyone on my team so we can set up what kind of atmosphere we want for our projects. C:
doodlelover: Typesetter and Editor
Teamed with: ZepysGirl, zhelenstilo, RealizeMu, and dorrie6~
doodlelover

Postby lokivsanubis » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:48 am

Letterer and editor in need of translator. Please pm if interested.[url][/url]
Owns over 100 volumes of BL Manga
Owns over 100 scans of BL manga.

Love Potion
Editor- Lokivsanubis
Letter- Milky
Translator-- KudouUsagi
lokivsanubis

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide