Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Group Search: Don't have a group? Find one here.

Postby Sasami0786 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:13 am

Typesetter/Editor looking for translator or group to join.

I just received my e-mail for passing the typesetter and editor tests. A little about myself. I have 4 years experience as an editor for 2 scanlation teams and 3 years as a typesetter for same 2 teams. I mostly use Photoshop for typesetting and Microsoft Word or a text editor for editing scripts.

You can reach me through PM here or by e-mail: sasami0786@aol.com

I look forward to replies.

~Corinna
Sasami0786

Postby FasterthanShaun » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:57 am

Hi guys,

I just passed the editor test and am looking for a typesetter and a translator. My name's Shaun and I've done a lot of web and print editorial work, primarily in Western comics and prose fiction. I am not unacquainted with manga, though—I started reading Ranma 1/2 and Inu Yasha when they were serialized in 22-page issues and still love to pick up new and awesome books like 20th Century Boys, Higurashi When They Cry, Black Butler, and a few others. Looking forward to Vertical's translation of Drops of God. I haven't read BL, but I have edited similar comics, so it should be fun.

I consider dialogue to be a real strength of mine, so I think that looking for ways to express untranslatable Japanese expressions in English should be a fun challenge.

What do you say? Anybody on board? Cheers.
FasterthanShaun

Postby KouCross » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:27 am

Typesetter/editor looking for Translator
[There's a tl;dr version at the bottom]

I feel weird typing that, since I'm usually the type who prefers to take care of things himself...
I barely let my assistants help me with work either (I do the whole manga myself and make them do the grunt work like going out for snack runs and supplies but rarely let them touch the drawings, I do pitch ideas at them though). However, I'm getting away from the point.

Since I'm not sure if I'll be given translated work and go from there or if I'm just given the page in it's original format and have to translate it, I decided to put this up now before all the translators are taken (Haha).

I guess next is a bit of history about my experience:
-Well, I've mostly just worked on my own stuff so I'm not sure how that holds up when compared to other people who've been part of groups already.
-I'm currently trying to learn Japanese, so this will probably be a temporary partnership until I'm able to do everything myself (unless my translators wants to continue working with me, cause that would be GREAT considering I probably won't have an acceptable understanding of the Japanese writing system until MUCH later).
-I've been writing since I was about 7 years old (That's not an exaggeration). I'm about nine days till 20 now. Been drawing manga since middle school so...4-5 years, my drawing skills aren't much to look at but I've had plenty of experience typesetting and editing my own work (along with a few friends who asked for my help with editing their papers and stories).
-I have absolutely no problems taking on massive work loads (I wrote 100+ pages of storyline in less than a month, and drew a 50+ paged manga [twice] in a few days, the first 10 of which were done in just 4 hours, also not an exaggeration...Deadline Hell is terrifying).
The rest, you can find out by asking.
------------------------------------------------------
Just PM me here, or send a message here:
shuuya013@gmail.com
[Put: "I heard you like mudkipz" as the message title so I don't confuse it for something else]
If that doesn't work, just respond to this message. I look forward to working with a translator soon.
-------------------------------------------
[tl;dr version]
"Become my translator, I've got some experience working with manga and am perfectly fine with taking on most of the workload."

[EDIT: I FOUND A TEAM, WE'RE FULL FOR NOW!]
Last edited by KouCross on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
"All the pieces are in play...THIS IS MY VICTORY...!!!"
KouCross

Postby animemiz » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:36 am

Greetings,

I am actually in need of joining up with a group. I was notified recently that I passed the editor test.

I am a freelance writer with a masters in Library Science. Being a freelance writer, I am definitely capable of making deadlines. I have experience of being an editor for a couple of years now from when I was part of my college newspaper, to at this moment, being a part of various blogs on the net. I have been a bl/manga fan for years. I live on the Eastern Time Zone, and am usually timely with getting back work that is needed.

If there are any more questions or concerns about my capability, I can be reached at animemiz@gmail.com

I look forward to future projects, and while I feel a slight unease with working in a group. I definitely will try to make the most of it. Thanks!
animemiz

Postby Dread-Artemis » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:39 am

EDIT: Now found a group, thanks for your consideration, good luck everyone ^^

Hello there!
I'm Arty and I am based in the North-West of England. I took the J>E translator test and the editor test and I'm assuming the email means I passed both. Hooray! I'm immensely chuffed.
I'm a huge BL fan, my Japanese is self-taught (I've been at it probably 6 or 7 years..ish) and I guess I would consider myself at an intermediate level.
I'm a good, fast proofreader, being very pedantic about spelling, grammar and punctuation (I especially have a thing about apostrophes!).
I've long been interested in scanslation but never actually done it because I didn't consider myself good enough but I think I've really improved in the last couple of years.
I'm looking for a nice group to be my senpais! :D
Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!

Arty.
Last edited by Dread-Artemis on Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arty to moushimasu!
-Translator/editor
-Based in the NorthWest of England
-In cahoots with KouCross and kurokun
Dread-Artemis

Postby canary » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:50 am

Hi. :)
I’m Anna, nice to meet you all!

I'm registered on DMG for the typesetter, I just passing the test, so now I’m looking for a group.

So, about me:
I'm here because I love Yaoi, Shounen-ai and Seinen.
I love to recreate SFX in good quality, I did a lot of practice self taught with the most common graphic design software.
Since I've always had the desire to work in manga editing, I'm very happy for that opportunity!
let's hope It could really work out for me this time.
I'm an careful worker and I would like to team up with responsible people who can meet deadlines. I'm hoping we can complete a lot of books in a year.
canary

Postby MMC » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:15 am

Hey, I'm Crystal, from mid-western USA.
I recently got an email stating that I passed the editor/rewriter test and am actually looking to join up with a group.
I like working in a group and can work on a tight schedule.

As for experience, I've done all kinds of stuff but for editing/rewriting...I volunteer at my college's ESL(English as a Second language) class so I'm used to taking and reforming broken English. I also help my friend with editing and rewording her novels for an easier read and more eye pleasing flow.

Feel free to PM here I'll provide my email to you if needed.

===========
MMC

Postby Ero-Pinku » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:33 am

Hello!( ̄▼ ̄)ノ_彡☆

I'm Ero☆Pinku; I'm a mangaka/illustrator (you can see my works here http://www.ero-pinku.deviantart.com) and I passed the editor test (●`ヮ´●)೨ so I'm looking for a group.
I'm an architectural student (in my last year)... and I like working hard~❤

If you're interested, please, contact with me, ne?

Doumo arigatou!
I'm a typesetter~ ( • ㉦ • )ゝ♥
Ero-Pinku

Postby Yukiko-art » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:54 am

Hi everyone~

I got a notification saying i passed the editor test, so i'm in need of a group now ^^ As i can see, many are as well. So let me tell you a little bit about myself =)

I've been into BL, shounen-ai for about 10 years now ^^ There's still so many great manga's out there that are unliscenced in English, so i wanted to help and make a difference =) I've got plenty of design experience already, i work with photoshop on a daily basis. if i remember correctly i started working with photoshop around 8 years ago as a hobby. I love design so when i graduated high school i decided to study Multimedia in college. Here i learned some more professional skills, as well in design as usability. I got experience as a cleaner/ editor as well, and if you want to see any of my work, just send me a PM ;) I also love to draw and hope to publish my own BL someday ^^

Some extra things to know about me:
+i'm a perfectionist, i will never deliver a half assed page or chapter!
+I spend a lot of my free time on it, so i won't miss any deadline for sure.
+I love a challenge
+I'm pretty awesome at removing SFX if this is needed

If you have any more questions feel free to ask ^^
Yukiko-art

Postby Jo Carpenter » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 am

Hi everyone! I've passed the typesetter test, and I'm looking for a group. If you want more informations about my works, just send me a PM or an e-mail to: veronicamars86@libero.it
See ya! =)
Jo Carpenter

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide