Questions?

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Questions?

Postby Scatterbrain » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:01 am

I want to ask something regarding privacy.

I have a personal facebook, twitter, linkedin and G+ account. Can I put as my current job in any of these social networks my work as a freelance editor for Digital Manga? Is it a violation of privacy terms and conditions?

Thanks.
Team Bardo:
Scatterbrain (Editor)
Charly_mza (Typesetter)
Hanabi_Sky (Translator)

GROUP COMPLETED!
Scatterbrain

Postby JOWhite » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:29 am

Hello!! I recently JUST joined the forums and I have a question or two...

!. I registered on DMG.com as a translator and completed the translator test in two days (Saturday & Sun.), when should I receive an acceptance email? (I'm sure this question has been asked a lot)

2. Is it mandatory to find a group?
JOWhite

Postby JOWhite » Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:00 am

bump?
JOWhite

Postby ZepysGirl » Mon Aug 29, 2011 6:59 pm

Try PMing crayon for a faster response. They're the mod in charge of this forum. Alternatively, email them at contact@digitalmangaguild.com .

Oh, but for your second question: No, it's not manditory, exactly. But you'll have trouble finding steady work if you're not in a group. I suppose there's always the option of watching the forums like a hawk for when they post solo-translator projects, but those are few and far between. Once you're in a group (or multiple groups), work will come as fast as you can finish it. Since you're a translator, I suggest you look around the postings in the "Groups of Two Looking For A Third" thread, since most of those are groups without a translator.
I am: Typesetter and Group Leader for PURPLE PROSE KILLERS
Teamed with: zhelenstilo, RealizeMu, and dorrie6
ZepysGirl

Postby crayon » Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:47 pm

JoWhite- I just responded toyour email.

and Zepysgirl is correct.
(Thank you zepysgirl)
crayon

Postby crazeeapple » Mon Sep 12, 2011 11:47 am

I've pre-applied as a translator and haven't received the test yet, but does the guild accept English to Korean translators? It looked like Japanese was the only source language. I only know conversational Japanese, and it takes me almost 12 hours to translate even one chapter from Japanese to English. <:[ And that's hobbling along with a Japanese dictionary as a crutch.
crazeeapple

Postby crayon » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:30 pm

@crazeeapple

If you registered as a translator, there should be a download link from your dashboard.
You need to download it and take it at your convenience. We do not send tests via emails.

At this time, we are only accepting Japanese -> English translators.

crayon
crayon

Postby Idioteva » Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:06 am

As the new teleconferences happening are actually structured around a multitude of important topics, will certain important ones (eg not the active group teleconference as the active groups will be there) be uploaded. In past conferences they have sort of been like an update of the current situation but upcoming ones eg how to manage your group, will be usefull for quite a while to more than likely alot more people than can attend.
Idioteva

Postby Anton » Sat Oct 29, 2011 2:31 am

Hello. I want to join your projects. I've completed your test and I'm ready to begin work.
Anton

Postby Kiliana » Sat Oct 29, 2011 3:25 am

@Anton

Hey ^_^/

Well first of all you have to receive an official response (if you haven't already, that is) on whether or not you passed the test(/s) that you choose to participate in.

After you can see the 'passed' mark on your dashboard (http://www.digitalmangaguild.com/menu.php) the next step will be to either:

- start work as an independent 1 person group (only if you have passed all 3 tests - meaning you are allowed to work as a translator and editor and letterer),
- start work as an individual (translator, editor or typesetter - whichever one you passed) and pick up only 'special assignment' projects (and there's not too many of those) where having a group is not a requirement,
- and finally you can either form your own, or join an existing group (you can either look for one, or post an add of your own here: viewforum.php?f=58). This is generally the best option, as when the group is set, it will give you the most steady flow of projects coming your way ^_-

Hope this helps ^_^/~~
-- Editor found, group now completed ^_^ Thank you all! --

~ Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~
Ernest Gaines
Kiliana

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide