Questions?

Information on the Guild, along with Q&A.

Re: Questions?

Postby Russesa » Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:07 pm

Cool. Coolcoolcool. 8-)

And another question. (Feels like I'm just full of them, lately! :? )

So let's suppose that a project is submitted and released to the public without incident. And long after the fact, it is discovered that every page was cleaned improperly, causing readability issues when viewed on certain platforms. (Details on this not-actually-hypothetical situation in the comments of this post. :oops: )

What can I do in this situation? And to open it up to not just my situation, I know other groups have received criticism over quality issues. I don't know what hoops DMP has to jump through to update or resubmit titles to various platforms, but I imagine it's enough of a hassle that it'd be unrealistic to hope that we can correct every little typo. However, if the problems are substantial enough, are we allowed to submit corrections?
Russesa

Postby HiroPon » Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:16 am

As you have pointed out, Russesa, it's risky for us to resubmit titles on third party digital platforms because it tends to be rejected the 2nd time around for some reason. And that reason is never given to us by the third parties.
Also, the actual file conversion process is time consuming and our production team has to prioritize titles being submitted for the first time.
However, we'll try our best to in fulfilling your requests, especially if it's something that's quite substantial.
I hope this answers your question & have a great weekend!
HiroPon

Postby Avid Reader » Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:55 pm

This may be addressed somewhere in the forum but it's a bit overwhelming to go fishing for it.

If a group has finished a bundle, do we request another one or does DMG automatically send us another one? If DMG, what is the time span between bundles?

Thanks,
Avid Reader
Avid Reader

Postby ZepysGirl » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:32 am

In my (limited) experience, I've always requested more titles when we've finished our previous batch. I would go ahead and email them.
I am: Typesetter and Group Leader for PURPLE PROSE KILLERS
Teamed with: zhelenstilo, RealizeMu, and dorrie6
ZepysGirl

Postby mortaine » Fri Apr 13, 2012 3:05 pm

Which is preferred: British or American spelling?
mortaine

Postby ZepysGirl » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:02 pm

mortaine, you should email contact@digitalmangaguild.com with that question. They seem to be a bit faster responding to email than to the forum.

That said, your primary audience is American, so I would go with American spelling.
ZepysGirl

Postby HiroPon » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:33 am

@mortaine

As ZepysGirl mentioned, please use the American Version of spelling when localizing titles. Thank you.

@ZepysGirl

Thanks so much for your help and consideration!
HiroPon

Postby Ikichi » Tue May 22, 2012 4:48 pm

I've stopped receiving the DMG newsletters for a while now and I don't know why. How can I start getting them again?
Ikichi

Postby Ikichi » Tue May 22, 2012 4:50 pm

Sorry for the double post but the edit option wasn't there so I don't know how to edit my previous post, but I had one more question, which was how to get the test for the novel editing.
Ikichi

Postby ZepysGirl » Tue May 22, 2012 5:20 pm

The newsletters have been an issue for a lot of us. Emailing them with your information is probably the quickest way to get that fixed. You could also tweet them (@DMGuild, @PinkShikibu, or @benapplegate).

The information on how to request novel tests was included in the newsletters that you didn't get.

DMG Newsletter wrote:WE WANT YOU! as a novel translator/editor! These roles require a separate test, so even if you've already passed a manga test we have a separate novel test for you. E-mail contact[at]digitalmangaguild.com with "Novel Translator/Editor Test Request" in the subject line and you'll receive the test, which you will have 24 hours to complete. If you want both, be sure to tell us which one you'd like to take first!

And finally, Russesa found a way for us to edit posts awhile ago. To my knowledge this method still works, even though the forum's changed around a bit since the thread was started. Here's a link to the thread.
ZepysGirl

PreviousNext

Return to The Guild Guide