Ditigal Viewfinder

Talk about Ayano Yamane's Finder Series!

Ditigal Viewfinder

Postby DLM30 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Hi! I bought the two Finders Series shorts on Amazon. I'd like to read the rest of the series, but I noticed neither the app, emanga, nor Amazon has it digitally. Does anyone know if there are any plans for this series to be released digitally? I'd prefer it in my iPad rather than print now that I read my comics that way, so if it's scheduled, I'll wait a little while. If not, I'll order the print.

Thanks for any help!

Dev
DLM30

Re: Ditigal Viewfinder

Postby crayon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:08 am

Most likely there will never be a digital edition of this series.
crayon
crayon

Postby DLM30 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:09 am

Wow. Okay. I'd ask why, but I'm sure you're busy. Thanks for letting me know. That is disheartening.
DLM30

Postby crayon » Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:47 am

We'd love to be able to publish all titles both in print and in digital for our fans.
The decision is ultimately up to the original creators.
I can't provide too much information on this matter, but I can say that we've approached the creator on this on numerous occasions.
crayon
crayon

Postby DLM30 » Tue Dec 20, 2011 11:06 am

As a frequent reader of your titles (I've bought almost ten/fifteen since you've debuted your app and now I'm perusing Amazon's digital library), I really appreciate you approaching the creator (numerous times-whoa). I'm sure it's more frustrating to you than the reader. I also appreciate your kindness to reply. Thanks.
DLM30

Postby tanukichan » Tue Dec 20, 2011 3:55 pm

Oh wow, I didn't know it was up to the creator to say yes/no to the digital books.
NOW it makes sense..!
tanukichan

Postby 2old4yaoi » Tue Dec 20, 2011 8:38 pm

I must admit that it doesn't seem to make financial sense to me for any author to still resist digitization of their work in today's age - especially with popular yaoi works like Viewfinder series. Yes - having the print books are simply lovely. I collect them and lucky for me I am in US where June publishes & distributes them. There are many fangirls in other parts of the world who dearly would love to collect the books but it will be almost impossible for them due to various reasons.

I understand the author/ Japanese publishers' fear of online piracy of digital works etc... Let's be honest - it is too late for this series. The scanlation versions are rampant. However, I am sure quite a lot of those folks who possessed the scanlated versions will be more than happy to shell out some cash to support their favourite mangaka by getting the legitimate digital copies on their e-readers or tablets. It will not cannibalize the sale of the hard copies much at all. And surely, everyone understand the amazing marginal profitability of digital works where after the initial investment, there is hardly any variable cost associated with more sales.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby crayon » Wed Dec 21, 2011 10:58 am

2old4yaoi - i TOTALLY agree with you.
I can't possibly imagine why some creators are so resistant to digital distro. You are also right about it's too late for this series.
Eye for an eye- the only way to combat digital piracy IS to go DIGITAL.
But I guess some creators are just happy with the print editions...
crayon

Postby maywong » Wed Dec 21, 2011 12:49 pm

Call me old fashion but I rather have all my stories in print if I can. :D
maywong

Postby DLM30 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:47 pm

I agree with your arguements the combat digital piracy is to go digital. Even with the new DC day-of-print, I usually buy the digital the day of relesase and pick up the print afterward. The creators win here because I pay twice for the same product. That is something I'd do for this series.

As for the too late-I agree this series is ubiquitous, but people should wait for the legal and true translations. Reading illegal versions is a) wrong and b) who knows if they are correct? When a reader buys the creator-sanctioned version, then he/she knows this is the story the creator envisioned.
DLM30

Next

Return to Finder Series