Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Talk about Ayano Yamane's Finder Series!

Re: Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Postby sun22 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:15 am

Anime_earth - not sure if censored explicit content would matter to you or not, but that's another distinction between these two DMP imprints. 801 Media is guaranteed to be not censored while June is certainly not (and a number of their previous releases were). This was discussed on this forum - i.e., with DMP reps- before, see:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=680
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=764
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=774

So, naturally many people think that given wider distribution for June titles, it's likely that DMP will have to censor Finder series. After all, they censored books (and in some cases, quite substantially) that had a noticeably milder content.
sun22

Postby niastyle » Sun Mar 14, 2010 2:07 pm

I am so happy to hear that DMP acquired Finder. It is one of my favorite series and I am excited and eager to see it brought back to life. DMP has an excellent track record for releasing titles. If they license it, it will be released. No fear of it sitting on a shelf never to be released because the company is not stable.

Having said that, I would like to voice my concern and confusion as to why it will be released under the June label and not 801. Finder is without question an explicit title, and my understanding was "The new publishing company will focus on edgier and more explicit yaoi compared to its sister Juné Manga." This was taken from an article released in 10/06 by Anime News Network regarding 801's debut at Yaoi-con. And so far, that has been the case releasing titles such as A Foreign Love Affair, and The Prime Minister's Secret Diplomacy. From my understanding those titles sold well in their original uncensored format under the 801 label. So why the change?

I will admit, I was unaware that June censored their titles, and that is only because I had never seen the titles in their original format prior to reading them from June. But Finder is another story. I have read it in it's original format and would be extremely disappointed to see it altered. And especially since there is no reason for it. If it's too explicit for June, than release it under 801, thats what it's there for. Or so we were told.

I am a long time and very loyal customer of DMP. When I first started reading yaoi, the only title out at the time by DMP was Only the Ring Finger Knows. I have every title that DMP has ever released. I believe in supporting the yaoi community, but if Finder is censord, I may have to stray from my path. I love this title too much, and have been waiting too long for it to see it butchered and censored. 801 did an awesome job on sensei's other title and I just hope that that standard continues. Please don't disappoint the customers that love you so much.
niastyle

Postby anime_earth » Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:02 pm

I hope DMP takes this thread seriously.

We buyers want to make sure our money is well spent. These mangas are not cheap and VF is an ongoing series.

If June really caters for the censorship while 801 is not, I would prefer the explicit mangas go back to 801 for my money worth.
anime_earth

Postby ChibiKami » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:18 am

All right guys-time for some warning. nycmango-watch your language. The forums are all ages, and we expect people to be polite on the threads. sun22-I've warned you multiple times about your tendency to create and start discussions that are off-topic and with your interactions with members on the forums. Your actions are coming dangerously close to trolling-and after seeing your post on the After I Win reprint topic-that's a trolling comment, and I'm deleting it. The question wasn't about whether or not the book was edited-it was whether or not it would be reprinted. This behavior of yours has resulted in about 3 complaints in my inbox this morning, and when it's pointed to a single forum member, it's problematic.

I'm really considering locking and freezing this thread if all this continues. nyc-mango-I'll probably be deleting your comments because of the bad language. Remember-these are the DMP forums. You all are guests here-so please behave accordingly. We appreciate passion and excitement-but we're not going to allow abusive behavior-whether directed at us, or at other forum members.
ChibiKami

Postby ChibiKami » Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:17 pm

Okay-after numerous emails by multiple members on this thread-I'm just going to lock it. People are telling me to do different things to different members, this and that-etc...and there are little red flags all over this...we want this to be an exciting topic that encourages discussion, not anger or hurt feelings. So, rather than pick through it-we're freezing it.
ChibiKami

Previous

Return to Finder Series