Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Talk about Ayano Yamane's Finder Series!

Re: Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:54 pm

Yeah I guess.
Hiyoshimaru

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:01 pm

Personally I don't care if its censored or not, I'd probably still enjoy it either way. Its the story and art that really counts right?
Hiyoshimaru

Postby sun22 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:06 pm

lore wrote:
I don't know what DMP will do come Monday, but I am certain the mods will do something.

LORE: Given your most recent unreasonable and highly personal post where you're trying to pull in a number people and recall some past outside discussions nobody cares about (except you, of course), the mods will have to do something. I also wonder where I was rude to the mods (and I'm letting all your other "allegations" pass, as my feeling is that reasoning with you is going to be useless). In fact, mods were rude to me, but that's beside the point, and I guess I just have to live with that.

In case my previous point was unclear, freezing this thread is a form of censorship as it will prevent people from speaking up about this particular issue, at least for some time until somebody else will bother opening a new thread. So, no "twisting" anyone's words here, freezing this thread is exactly what Lore suggests to do.
Last edited by sun22 on Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun22

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:21 pm

I think we should all just stop arguing before someone gets hurt.
Hiyoshimaru

Postby anime_earth » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:30 pm

sorry to butt in ..............

DMP, I am one of your faithful buyers but I dont understand you, DMP - why do you need to have so many different prints ie Dokidoki, 801, June if the mangas are not categorize to the correct prints. Please if this is the case, could you please regroup all the prints under one instead?! It's easier for me to keep track the releases of the titles.

And another thing, please please - get more distributors. I have trouble of getting your mangas. ( ie an international buyer )
anime_earth

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:58 pm

Wow - unbeliveable! I took 2 months break from all these yaoi forums to catch up on reading the best reviewed M/M novels out there on my kindle & then come back to such earth shattering announcements! Congratulations are in order to the DMP companies for winning the bid for the much coveted ViewFinder series. I definitely feel a little trepidation on how June would treat it. I will likely use the upcoming "Maiden Rose" as a proxy on how I think June will handle "ViewFinder" and yes, I am hoping for the artwork to be untouched.

Does anyone else feel that the survey of the publishers the Ayane Yamano's community on LiveJournal has done might have been a big influence on sensei's & Libre's decisions? I took that survey & if I remember correctly, the users overhelmingly voted June as the publisher they would opt for to publish VF. However, the results are mainly based on the quality of the translation, print & dust jacket availability. Too bad censorship wasn't one of the questions called out there.

As much as I see the point of view that a little censorship might gain more distribution channel etc, etc ... I am just don't think it is valid - after all, nobody can argue that "Crimson Spells" has been a big winner for Kitty Media. It is pretty much uncensored & almost all retailers out there carry it (including Barnes & Nobles stores, Books
A Mill, Wal Mart etc ...) Maybe at their online divisions & not at the bricks & mortars stores - but that had not stopped the CS to be in the 4th or 5th print run now. Besides, I really want to know if anyone actually ever has their id checked when trying to buy 18+ M June manga at any US retailer? The only times I had bought my yaoi mangas at the smaller stores, they were stored behind locked glass cases & since I so obviously look over 21+, it is never a problem. Maybe locked glass cases are what the big retailers need in their stores as well ;)

It would be interesting if any of the DMP mod will reveal how DMP actually wins over the VF license but I think the fact that they promise to direct more other bizs Libre's way (i.e. the Kizuna lincense) has more weight than the censorship issue.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby kinziechan » Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:20 pm

I actually think most people voted Kitty Media, as they have Crimson Spell out and are doing an amazing job of staying true to the translation.
They took into consideration what the people of the comm said, but all in all it has to do with the amount each company bid for the rights.
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
kinziechan

Postby sawwie-chan » Sun Mar 14, 2010 12:28 am

kinziechan wrote:I actually think most people voted Kitty Media, as they have Crimson Spell out and are doing an amazing job of staying true to the translation.
They took into consideration what the people of the comm said, but all in all it has to do with the amount each company bid for the rights.

There were two polls. The first was a choice between Kitty, 801 and the rest (BLU, Deux etc). This one 801 came first. There were no mention of June as it was assumed that if DMP acquired Finders it would be an 801 title.
The second one looked at the performance of all known BL publishers in which June was included as a separate choice. 801 won again, June was second and Kitty was 3rd.
sawwie-chan

Postby anime_earth » Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:44 am

Well, in this first place both 801 and June are under the same publisher.

The only difference is one caters for explicit mangas ( 801 ) while the other for caters the shonen aish/soft core mangas ( June )....and the pricing was slightly different as well due to the contents.

However, with Viewfinder under June, the above purpose has been defeated. I dont think we will have Viewfinder priced the same as the other June mangas.

801 as what rumored is hard to find in bookstores compare to June due to the content and print. Could this be one of the reason why Ayano Yamane and Libre decided on June due to its easy assessibility?

I really pity 801 because in the first place, it was formed to take up the mature explicit mangas and now the popular explicit mangas are given to June instead.

Why dont DMP just merged both 801 and June into one so that we can stop arguing which imprint should be awarded?!
anime_earth

Postby sun22 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:03 am

Sawwie-chan - thanks, these results make sense to me. I think some people may have confused June with 801 Media when it comes to the poll results, as both are DMP imprints. But if the history is any teacher, 801 Media and June have had very different policies in certain areas and censorship-vs-no-censorship guidelines (for the record: this statement is based on what DMP reps told us on these forums re: June vs 801 Media imprint, and it is not on my "supposition", "guess", "assumption" etc etc).
(Also, unlike June, 801-Media is guaranteed to have color pages, a big plus for me. I'm assuming that Finder will have color pages regardless of the imprint, that must be an obvious choice for such a big release.)
sun22

PreviousNext

Return to Finder Series