Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Talk about Ayano Yamane's Finder Series!

Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Postby sun22 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:07 pm

Dear ChibiKami:
ANN published an article saying DMP licensed the famous Ayano Yamane's Finder series:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/20 ... aka-kizuna

Could you please let us know under which imprint you're planning to publish it? I think the only logical choice would be 801 Media, otherwise I don't even see a point of publishing it: some of the volumes in this series are very explicit. Please do not censor this one, it defeats most of the purpose of this series.
sun22

Re: Ayano Yamane's Finder series - under which imprint?

Postby sun22 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:25 pm

I just read DMP's official release on this:
http://www.digitalmanga.com/blog/572/ju ... der-series

AND: you decided to publish it under June. So, what does it mean in terms of censorship? I can bet you on anything, you will censor. And given this is the case: no, I'm not buying your "June censored" edition of Finder, as censored Finder series is ridiculous. My advice to all those who know what Finder series is (esp. volume 1): don't waste your money on toned-down non-explicit June's version, it will misrepresent the series. Finder is meant to be hardcore. Unless June guarantees they won't censor, which of course they won't do.
Who thinks June won't censor this series? I'm seriously willing to bet they will. There is so much more than meager "bodily fluids" in this one...
sun22

Postby lore » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:35 pm

I think my advice to all those who know what Finder series is this: Wait patiently for the first volume and look around at this forum and others to see if censorship actually happens. Until then, trust the publisher to handle the title according to the wishes of the notoriously protective-of-her-work Yamane.
lore

Postby sun22 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 9:47 pm

Actually, that's a really good point re: " notoriously protective-of-her-work Yamane". I've even heard she was unhappy with CPM lack of quality. So, that's my only hope, albeit weak one.

I'm not really "attacking" DMP here, I'm just questioning the safety of their choice. Volume 1 published in Germany got its German publisher, Tokyopop in trouble - as I understand it, right now, after some public scandal with child-protecting public agency, it's available only in adult shops, with ID, and cannot be even mentioned (aka advertised) anywhere online or offline in Germany. And Tokyopop published some really hardcore yaoi titles in Germany, so it's not like Germany is "more conservative", the opposite is likely to be true.

Unless June seriously censors volume 1, I cannot imagine it being safely "wider distributed", which I guess was the only point of publishing it under June vs. "narrowly distributed" 801 Media. Well, we'll see, and good luck to DMP with this decision - either way, they will make someone unhappy (either by censoring, or not censoring, or not censoring enough...)
sun22

Postby mo2468 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:02 pm

For all those people who are actually on the fence about buying this series in English because of concerns over censorship, I will personally buy the first book, immediately upon its release to Akadot, and report back with any and all "instances." However, and for the record, if you want this book "uncensored" you're probably going to have to import it from Japan. I don't personally care. I'm collecting them in both English and Japanese, either way.
mo2468

Postby Noon » Fri Mar 12, 2010 1:28 am

I was so happy to hear the news, though I am not really a big fan of the series. I was so sure that 801 Media will handle this one as it is very explicit but it seems the demand on it is very high that the company wants to make it available to a big number of people as much as they can.

Well, let's hope that when the time comes for them to license Haru wo Daiteita or any of Nitta-sensei's explicit titles, they will be handled by 801 Media. At least, I know that Ayano Yamane is more popular and loved than Youka Nitta and the demand on her books is higher.
Noon

Postby sunflower33 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 2:34 am

I have to think that with this being marketed as an 18+ book for Mature readers, June would gain nothing by censoring it. As an 18+ book they'll already be losing Barnes and Noble brick and mortars, which for the most part don't stock adult manga titles in stores. So no amount of censoring would make a Mature manga like Viewfinder acceptable to those places, which means there would be no point to it.

BeBeautiful did censor a part of the third volume, by removing a small part of an "interview" with Feilong and Tao (a 12 year old boy) in which Tao is giving off slightly sexual vibes toward the older guy. But even they saw no reason to censor the sex between Asami, Takaba, and Feilong.
sunflower33

Postby Wasabiman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:24 am

If it's under the June imprint, i think i'll still buy it regardless if it's censored or not... I don't think DMP would be able to afford bringing the Finder series to us if it was under the 801imprint, which has such a narrow market...unless you supported it by buying more than one copy.
Wasabiman

Postby Wasabiman » Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:30 am

sun22 wrote:I just read DMP's official release on this:
http://www.digitalmanga.com/blog/572/ju ... der-series

AND: you decided to publish it under June. So, what does it mean in terms of censorship? I can bet you on anything, you will censor. And given this is the case: no, I'm not buying your "June censored" edition of Finder, as censored Finder series is ridiculous. My advice to all those who know what Finder series is (esp. volume 1): don't waste your money on toned-down non-explicit June's version, it will misrepresent the series. Finder is meant to be hardcore. Unless June guarantees they won't censor, which of course they won't do.
Who thinks June won't censor this series? I'm seriously willing to bet they will. There is so much more than meager "bodily fluids" in this one...

I'll take that bet...if you lose, you'll have to buy 10 copies of the book. bwwahahaaa!! j/k
Wasabiman

Postby shouichie » Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:06 am

Viewfinder = Asami = Hardcore

Please DON'T censor it!!!!
THE DANGEROUS ONE
shouichie

Next

Return to Finder Series