Taimashin: The Red Spider Exorcist

Talk about DMP's manga titles!

Taimashin: The Red Spider Exorcist

Postby Pluto VIII » Tue May 19, 2009 10:23 am

Anybody excited about this new Hideyuki Kikuchi manga series? I'm not sure what to think of it. I definitely be checking it out though.
Pluto VIII

Re: Taimashin: The Red Spider Exorcist

Postby chibi-oni » Tue May 19, 2009 10:43 am

We hope most of the VHD fans will want to check it out. I think the artist, Shin Yong-Gwan, has a nice horror style. And at $9.95, it's an even better deal for Kikuchi fans to sample.
chibi-oni

Postby Scygoku » Tue May 19, 2009 5:21 pm

@.@ i'll keep an eye out for it
Scygoku

Postby exsanguinate » Sun May 31, 2009 8:32 am

Ooh, ooh, I'm excited! And I can't wait for his other prose title! And I love the penny-pinching part of it. I'm not familiar with the artist, but I think it'll be fun to try.
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby hanamaru06 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:54 am

OH MY GOSH I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THIS SERIES! XD

I won the first volume in that contest awhile back (I don't remember the details anymore lol, but I think it took place through Twitter?) and I was disappointed that I didn't win the Tateno Makoto title, lol. After giving it a read though, I was hooked! Is volume three coming out soon? :D
hanamaru06

Postby ynekodream » Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:54 pm

Well, I finally got around to reading Taimashin volumes 1 and 2 and I was wondering, when will there be a volume 3? I don't see anyone answering that question, even though it was asked by the previous poster way back in November. I especially like volume 2, and it ends on quite the cliffhanger! Thanks.
ynekodream

Postby crayon » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:54 am

ynekodream,
We are glad you enjoyed this series. As for volume 3, we are in a process of licensing- haven't finalized it yet tho. Most likely it'll be out at the end of the year. We'll keep you posted!
crayon

Postby grimread » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:37 am

we are in a process of licensing-

Every time I read that I start to wonder. How exactly does this licensing process work with DMP? I always thought that If you get the licence for a series you get the whole series. But apparently you have to do it book by book? Why is that? There are now 6 books out already. Wouldn't it be more economical to discus the license for all of them together? I mean I would understand with this series. It's not finished yet in Japan, but other DMP books that are (anything from Karakara Kemuri), have no information on further volumes after more than half a year ago. Why such a big delay?

I'm sorry if I sound offensive but I'm genuinely interested.
grimread

Postby crayon » Thu Sep 29, 2011 11:55 am

Sorry- I am unable to share too much information on licensing but here is what I can tell you:
It all depends on what the original creator AND the original publisher wants.
Some let us license volume by volume. Some wants us to license the entire series.
Economical to license the entire series..? NO. Definitely not.
Generally speaking- every publisher waits to see how they do on the first one.. then if it has enough momentum and good sales records then they proceed with the subsequent volumes.
Licensing is very similar to TV shows - is it popular? is it making money? does it have fan support?
TV shows gets cancelled when the number of viewers drops, right? Same thing with publishing- when there's not enough sales- then the series gets cancelled too.

Having said that, Taimashin has NOT been cancelled yet.
Licensing is still on-going.

hope this helps, crayon
crayon

Postby grimread » Wed Oct 19, 2011 4:18 am

I think it's a bit of a shame and to me very annoying if stuff get dropped based on their popularity. I mean, you start to buy a series because you like it and you always wanted to have it, but it gets cut off because not everybody is into it and than your left with an unfinished series. I really hate that. Or worse the publishing company closes and nobody else wants to continue the series. so if you're missing a part you have a hole in the series. DMP please don't close down before you finish all the series!
grimread

Next

Return to DMP Titles