Is there any plan on a non-flash reader?

Talk about issues related to the eManga website.

Is there any plan on a non-flash reader?

Postby Adamaru » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:51 am

Hi,

I'm just curious about whether eManga has any plan to change to some other technology besides Flash for the reader so that we can read on devices without Flash such as iPad? (or maybe a native app for eManga perhaps?)

I know some of the books are available for Nook & Kindle and there are apps for Kindle & Nook on iPad as well. But I tried buying manga in Kindle store before (2 volumes of Right here, Right Now) and the resolution wasn't so great, so I was reluctant to buy manga again from there (not sure if it's only issue for those 2 books or all books released on Kindle are resized like that though)

I can't download Nook app in Aus app store so don't know if it's any better...
Anyone read manga on Nook? is the quality better than on Kindle?

Anyway, I've got many app from JP ebook store that allow me to buy digital manga from them, keep in my device for offline reading, and all have really nice & large resolution, so just think it'd be great if eManga can have similar app like that :)

Have been buying books from eManga and love the quality (even more often now with DMG titles), only a little bit troubled with having to stick my computer and being online whenever I want to read :mrgreen:
Adamaru

Re: Is there any plan on a non-flash reader?

Postby crayon » Thu Oct 06, 2011 11:52 am

Thank you for reading our books at eManga.com

We are looking into moving away from non-flash reader but we don't have any solid plan to do so.
We are currently working on a native app for eManga - yes. It's still being developed and we still have a long way to go.

We'll definately keep you posted tho!

thanks, crayon
crayon

Re: Is there any plan on a non-flash reader?

Postby Adamaru » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for your information crayon :D

Very excited to know there is a native app being developed for eManga
well, I know may be not released some time soon but I'm happy enough to know it's in plan, and better, in action :)

will continue to support the flash reader @ eManga for the time being then
Thanks Digital Manga for all the great works

Adamaru
Adamaru

Return to Site Talk