BLU/TokyoPop titles on emanga

Talk about issues related to the eManga website.

BLU/TokyoPop titles on emanga

Postby Jukebox » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:50 pm

I'm so excited to see BLU/TokyoPop titles being offered on EManga :!: That is wonderful :D

The titles are 599 points. Is that to rent or to own? I noticed some of the books have 'Keep' but I wasn't sure if the 599 points will allow you to keep the book in your account indefinitely, or if that is only the first rental for 72 hours. If that is only the 72 hour rental fee, how many points to keep the titles?
Jukebox

Re: BLU/TokyoPop titles on emanga

Postby azureus » Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:19 am

I thought they were to keep/own. $5.99 for a volume seems too high for just renting.
Hope it's "to keep". BLU is getting way too expensive to simply buy the books to try out.
azureus

Postby Shroud » Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:23 am

Tokyopop titles are buy only, not to rent. So yeah, you pay your 599 and its yours forever on Emanga, with the rest of your KEEP titles.
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby Idioteva » Fri Apr 15, 2011 2:31 pm

What is going to happen to the Blue titles on emanga now Tokyopop is going under? Will they stay on there for people who have paid, be taken down or will they stay and the money payed to the german division?
Idioteva

Postby crayon » Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:02 pm

@idiotieva
If you already spent 599 pts on emanga for Blu titles, its yours to keep for good. They will remain in your Reading List. As for offering Blu titles on eManga in the future.. not sure. we still need to discuss that with Tokyopop... and we'll let you know as soon as we have some news for you.
crayon

Postby naughtybookjunkie » Sun May 08, 2011 3:19 pm

Ok, i thought we had until May 20th to buy any Blu/Tokyopop titles. But why can't i find all the available titles by this publisher under the publisher's tab. The result comes back with nothing.... :?:
naughtybookjunkie

Postby Jukebox » Sun May 08, 2011 3:36 pm

They posted an announcement that Gentosha told them to take them down sooner than the contractual obligation. There wasn't even a 24 hour window after 'the announcement'. Just suddenly they were gone. I know how you feel. I had planned to buy Secretary Love this weekend.

Oh well.

Here's the post you can read:
http://www.digitalmanga.com/blog/1174/f ... ll-miss-ye
Jukebox

Postby naughtybookjunkie » Mon May 09, 2011 3:07 pm

Wow that sucks, thank you for responding! I'll have to start hunting for those print copies now then, before they go off the roof in price.
naughtybookjunkie

Return to Site Talk