SUPER LOVERS by Miyuki Abe

Talk about anything Yaoi here.

SUPER LOVERS by Miyuki Abe

Postby Noon » Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:00 am

I started reading this recently and I am so in love with it. Haru and Ren are so adorable. My question is: is there a chance for this series to get licensed? I mean, considering Ren is an underage boy, would this pose a problem for any future plans of localizing SUPER LOVERS? I really hope not as I would love to own it in English.

Any of you guys follow this series?
Noon

Re: SUPER LOVERS by Miyuki Abe

Postby payang » Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I'd love to own it myself someday too. I don't recall of they actually do anything though, so I wonder if it would still pose as a problem...o_O
"Jump start my heart and wake the sleeper inside" -Ignition (by TobyMac)
payang

Postby Noon » Sun Jan 15, 2012 6:22 am

Things start to get a bit sexual between the two, so it might not be easy to acquire such title. :( Not to mention that Ren looks his age or even younger, so it might be considered shota as the age gap between him and Haru is a bit big.
Noon

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:43 pm

After seeing what happened to the Ze series, I would rather DMP not pursue "Super Lovers" until the series itself is completed in Japan. I hate to see partial publication that needs to be stopped due to the age issue of the characters. I do love this title by the way but we need commercially viable titles for the western market as well.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:25 am

I think they end up doing it by the time the younger boy is 15. Not sure what they say about that in the US. I wouldn't get my hopes up for this series.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Ose93 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:08 pm

I would absolutely love to see this series licensed, but I agree with everyone. I don't think it will happen because the age gap is very noticeable. I would also like to see Miyuki Abe's Komatta series, but I doubt it will ever get licensed because it is very long.
Ose93

Postby 2old4yaoi » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:27 pm

I see on MangaUpdates that this series has been completed at volume 4. Has anyone read the whole series? How did it go? Is it OK to ask to be licensed in US? It seems June managed to resolve the Ze 7 issue to perhaps it is possible to bring this sweet title to US as well?
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Allen123 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:41 am

If you don't know it, you Have to read it !!!it's a wonderful manga, with an innocent love between them ! it's so cute ! and it have actually 15 chapiter .Not 6 Ch like manga-update says . and it still beign reallease so it's not drop !
Allen123

Postby scifiponygirl » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:09 pm

Love this series! I too would like to see it liscensed in the US. I would definately buy it! :!:
scifiponygirl

Next

Return to Yaoi Talk