English Dubbing

Talk about anything Yaoi here.

Re: English Dubbing

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:38 am

They aren't the only ones, England dubs too. But not as much.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Vata_Raven » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:47 pm

On JustDubs, there used to be a dubbing of Fairy Tail done in England or some other place, either way, my friend heard new voices, instead of the normal Funimation people. It would've been a nice change, but Funi up and bought the license from them. granted, I know why they did, seeing how well the title is selling for them.
“In order to protect something precious, you must find it first.”- Vata Raven
Vata_Raven

Postby Lumseria » Wed May 16, 2012 5:20 am

A couple months ago Funimation had Sekaiichi Hatsukoi listed in a poll asking fans what animes they should license next. If Funimation decides to license this series, I'm willing to bet they're going to dub it.
Lumseria

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:25 pm

I wonder if it'll ever make it to Netflix though even if Funimation dubs it :P
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby phoenix4045 » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:02 am

I actually agree, we do need more yaoi dubbed!

I know I am most certainly in the minority but You se, I enjoy dubs very much! Subtitles are okay however it is easy to miss a lot of the subtleties in the performances when your attention is spit between the action onscreen and keeping up with the subtitles.

plus it is fun to disect the performances and compare them!

Once in awhile I have found that sometimes the dub(or at least some of the cast members) are GASP! better then the original.
take a non yaoi anime I recently became obsessed with, Ah my goddess

the Japanese vocal track is as expected excellent, however I find that Eileen Stevens portrayal of Belldandy to be more interesting. Eileen's performance while gentle and true to the character's personality, is considerably more assertive making her inner strength more apparent. this adds more obvious depth to the character making her seem less of... well a doormat.

Sorry for the tangent and of course I do not hold ALL dubs to such a high regard, but my point is give the actors a chance and they just might impress you!
phoenix4045

Previous

Return to Yaoi Talk