All You Need Is Love

General things fans would like to talk about.

All You Need Is Love

Postby yellow dancer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:44 pm

I was wondering if the third volume of All You Need Is Love will be printed or released on the Kindle? As well, is there any hope Love Control 3 will be considered for release?
yellow dancer

Re: All You Need Is Love

Postby crayon » Wed Mar 07, 2012 10:22 am

ALL YOU NEED IS LOVE - most likely, it will NOT be released in digital format.
LOVE CONTROL 3 - most likely, it will NOT be licensed.

crayon
crayon

Postby airisu » Fri Mar 09, 2012 7:39 am

I'm happy to read about All you need is love volume 3 (sorry, I'm a hardcore pro-hardcopy supporter) and super said to read about Love Control 3. This is another not-so customer-friendly move from DMP's side (still can't get over neglecting Junjou from Fujiyama Hyouta...). If you could explain the reasons a bit more (low sales (doubt it though), Japanese publisher does not want to sell the rights to DMP etc.), I'd be a bit more supportive and understanding I guess.
airisu

Postby crayon » Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:52 pm

Yes, it's due to low sales.

crayon
crayon

Postby airisu » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:38 am

Crayon,

Thank you for coming back and telling us the reason. I'm shocked though - this story is good, the style is elegant and stylish, I thought it would be popular with the audience.

I'm still not giving up hope that I'd be able to put my paws on the English edition of volume 3 in the future. ^^
airisu

Postby lore » Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:38 am

Gee, what happened to licensing ALL the manga in the world? ;)

Seriously, though, I'm a really unhappy Love Control fan. When I recommend BL to people who are completely unfamiliar with the genre, Love Control Volume 1 is the title I recommend they try first. My reasons are that it's beautifully drawn, it's sexy in a not-so-naked way, it involves adult men who look like adults, and there's no rape/noncon issues in the first book and only the threat of it in the second.

The BL genre is an acquired taste and there's many elements to it that will disturb people who aren't familiar with the genre. I'm thinking of school boys, uniform fetishes, adults with minors, rape/noncon, feminized men, adults drawn to look like teens, etc. I considered Love Control the wonderful appetizer that would make people want to explore the whole menu of BL.

It seems like less and less often, books along the lines of Love Control are translated, which is a shame because there are those of us who enjoy such stories. I'm not sure I can recommend Love Control with a clear conscience anymore, knowing the whole story will never be finished in English. I've had people come back to me to ask about more volumes, and now I can't tell them that the series will be finished. Bleh.
lore

Digital Graffiti Software

Postby nicorarttt » Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:38 pm

This is a great way to introduce camping to them for the first time.
nicorarttt

Postby samra » Wed Dec 11, 2013 5:03 am

:| :| move on true really life with facts not azamption
eleatherjacket e leather jacket testking http://testking.co.uk/ test-king java certification actualtests N10-005 exam
samra

Next

Return to General Talk