Your most recent manga purchases

General things fans would like to talk about.

Re: Your most recent manga purchases

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:25 pm

Honey and chocolate
Mamiya doll house
When the heavens smile
Stay close to me
Menkui vol 1
Card captor sakura omnibus vol 1
D.gray-man vol 19
Bakuman vol 2
Gakuen heaven nakajima
Stray cat

So far this month, and you bet it's gonna be more. xD
Last edited by Senyoru-Chan on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Noon » Mon Nov 01, 2010 10:54 pm

Senyoru-Chan wrote:Card captor sakura omnibus vol 1
Bakuman vol 2

Still waiting for the bookstore to stock Cardcaptor Sakura. As for Bakuman, I didn't like the first volume enough to get the rest.
Noon

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:42 pm

It took some time for me to like Bakuman, I read it already when the first chapter was released in Japan's shonen jump. ( Still got the magazine ) But I promise it turns out more interesting later. Then again it's kinda weird writing a manga about making manga so it may not be for everyone.

Cardcaptor Sakura speaks for it self. It's just that great. I have never read the manga before but I have seen the Japanese anime when it aired on TV and have probably gone through it 3 times. Liked it very much, so much I used to skip last hour of school o go home and see it. I was bullied anyway and hated school so it was relaxing for me. And it's still great now when I'm older. The manga follows the anime pretty much the same. Not sure about all episodes but kinda. There will be 4 books and I think there's 3 original volumes in every book. The book it self is pretty big and the paper is higher quality and while that may be good it was a little too heavy to read with just your bare hands. I used a pillow under the book and sat in my bed while reading. Also, it contains LOTS of colour pages so that was another good thing. To make it simple, excellent besides that it's very heavy!
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Noon » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:11 pm

Senyoru-Chan wrote:It took some time for me to like Bakuman, I read it already when the first chapter was released in Japan's shonen jump. ( Still got the magazine ) But I promise it turns out more interesting later. Then again it's kinda weird writing a manga about making manga so it may not be for everyone.

Cardcaptor Sakura speaks for it self. It's just that great. I have never read the manga before but I have seen the Japanese anime when it aired on TV and have probably gone through it 3 times. Liked it very much, so much I used to skip last hour of school o go home and see it. I was bullied anyway and hated school so it was relaxing for me. And it's still great now when I'm older. The manga follows the anime pretty much the same. Not sure about all episodes but kinda. There will be 4 books and I think there's 3 original volumes in every book. The book it self is pretty big and the paper is higher quality and while that may be good it was a little too heavy to read with just your bare hands. I used a pillow under the book and sat in my bed while reading. Also, it contains LOTS of colour pages so that was another good thing. To make it simple, excellent besides that it's very heavy!

I was thinking that Bakuman might get better but I am already collecting many titles and I don't have room for more at the moment. Also, I hated the girl. She is not my type of character at all.

The Cardcaptor Sakura anime is great! It is my favorite CLAMP anime series. I had the TOKYOPOP edition but gave it away to get the new Dark Horse re-released one. I know it is big as I already have Chobits and it is the same but nothing beats the color pages and the good quality paper.
Noon

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Wed Nov 03, 2010 7:10 am

I agree, they describe Azuki as smart cause she pretends to be "dumb" so she doesn't stand out as much. Gets "okay" grades on purpose when she can get the best. I hate that type of women the most. xD lol Besides that I like it.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby Noon » Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:07 am

Picked up:

Cardcaptor Sakura Omnibus Book 1
Itazura na Kiss 3
V.B.Rose 10
Noon

Postby hanamaru06 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:18 am

Kizuna Deluxe Edition Vol.1! <333
hanamaru06