Best way to read DMP titles on iPad?

General things fans would like to talk about.

Best way to read DMP titles on iPad?

Postby alangenh » Sun May 01, 2011 10:33 pm

Hi,

I've been trying to find the best way to read DMP titles on the iPad. I tried a Kindle sample in the Kindle app, but the resolution was low and it was annoying to have to manually zoom every page. Unfortunately samples for testing aren't available on B&N and Borders, but I bought one title formatted for the Nook Color, figuring that it was the closest in resolution to the iPad. The resolution was better, but unfortunately, the pages do not zoom in the Nook app at all! There's always an inch border all around.

Is there a better alternative I haven't tried? I'd like a reader app that simple zooms the graphic on each page to full screen automatically. If there's no current solution, is an app like that planned?

Thanks!
alangenh

Re: Best way to read DMP titles on iPad?

Postby crayon » Mon May 02, 2011 1:00 pm

Manga specific apps are in the works for DMP titles as well as going on other iPad type storefronts later this year. Manga for the Kindle is originally formatted for the Kindle device itself, so viewing it on secondary devices like the Kindle App for the iphone/iPad will be limited in viewing quality as the intention wasn’t originally meant for it.

As for the Nook, the Nook app doesn’t seem to have a zoom function at the moment…maybe in future version releases of the App.

What it seems you are looking for is a comic/manga app that has all the perks for reading comics/manga such as easy to zoom in and out of the page, panel to panel viewing, etc. Those features are common only to comicbook specific Apps…and DMP will eventually put one out in the future…it is currently in the works.

Purchasing from Borders or Google books might be an alternative…and then transferring to your iPad and reading them on iBooks, but iBooks do not have zoom features for comic/mangas in the App either.
crayon

Postby alangenh » Mon May 02, 2011 9:23 pm

Thanks for your reply! I hadn't thought of Google Books at all. I had guessed that Borders would be the same as the Kindle situation. It's difficult to fork over money for test purposes when I'd rather consolidate all my purchases in one place -- it would be a good idea for DMP to release a free book which could just consist of advertisements, for the purpose of seeing how it will display on the device.

I'm definitely not interested in title-specific apps.

The feature I want is for the image of the manga page to be fullscreen on the device by default. When I'm feeling optimistic I'll probably try a title through Google Books and see how it goes.

Thanks again, your reply was helpful!
alangenh

Postby alangenh » Sat May 07, 2011 11:49 am

I'm reporting my findings with Google Books -- I purchased a title. I was completely unable to download and view it with the "Google Books" app. It seems to fail in downloading -- all the images in the book (so every page) are a gray box. All the DM manga samples I tried to download had the same problem. Has anyone had success downloading DM manga titles via the Google Books app?

I downloaded the ePub format file to my computer. It is encrypted with Adobe DRM. iBooks and other readers I had cannot open this file. I downloaded the Adobe Digital Editions software to my mac, and was able to view the title on my mac via this program. I tried transferring the file to the only other iPad app I could find that supports Adobe DRM: Bluefire. This worked in that I could view the images on the iPad -- but they are very small and difficult to read, maybe 1/3 of the screen, and unable to be zoomed. I also found an app called "Copia" but was not very successful with that.

After about four hours of working on this, I'm giving up on Google Books and DM titles on the iPad until some further developments happen. I found no satisfying way to read DM titles on the iPad. The Nook Color-formatted titles in the Nook app were the best available option, but it wasn't a good enough experience that I'll be buying any more titles that way.
alangenh

Postby davinjee » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:13 pm

Thanks for the tips.:)
davinjee

Postby steward147 » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:56 am

So for those of you who are eagle-eyed...801 Media forums have moved and are now here on the board index with DMP! (Due to rampant spamming, and just a weird back-end system that didn't quite work very well.)
We offer up to date practice questions for http://www.certkiller.com/exam-70-648.htm and http://www.certkiller.com/exam-1Y0-A05.htm . We also provide http://www.certkiller.com/exam-646-985.htm exam resources with highest score using up to date products.
steward147

Postby dfgdfty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 pm

I have a small bedroom.There are Sell Runescape Gold only a small Sell RS Gold bed,a small desk and a small chair in the room.And there is a beautiful doll on my blue bed.Everyday I do my homework,read books and play games with the doll in my bedroom. It is Sell Runescape Gold small,but it gives me much happiness.
dfgdfty

Postby dfgdfty » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:50 pm

Everything in this world has Sell RS Gold a nature of its own. Some are Sell Runescape Gold charming, some are seducing, like the candy, chocolate, the cakes, and some burn everything like Sell RS Gold fire, as soon as you get near.
dfgdfty

Next

Return to General Talk