Your not-so-secret stash [image heavy]

General things fans would like to talk about.

Re: Your not-so-secret stash [image heavy]

Postby aoi_aka » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:39 am

YESH! I think that's the one! It may have been one of those things that specially printed for the doujin markets and didn't get heavy circulation. I think where I saw them was the AF forum but that was ages ago. :D
aoi_aka

Postby verygorgeous » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:29 pm

I'm worlds most computer illeterate person! I took pictures of my not so secret stash (mine is sort of secret because no one knows what all my Japanese Tankobon contain). But now I don't know how to post the images. D'OH!
verygorgeous

Postby mo2468 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 6:36 pm

verygorgeous wrote:I'm worlds most computer illeterate person! I took pictures of my not so secret stash (mine is sort of secret because no one knows what all my Japanese Tankobon contain). But now I don't know how to post the images. D'OH!

Do you have a Photobucket or equivalent image hosting site account? If not, go create one and upload the pics to it. I know Photobucket is pretty user-friendly, and you can even just ask it for the coding to post the pictures and it will do it for you. Just make sure the coding you take has the square brackets (that's these guys [ ] ) and not the carrots (that's these guys < >). When you post it, just select preview before you submit and it'll show you if you did it right. Sorry I can't be more direct help with this, it's a little hard to explain without a step by step walkthrough.
mo2468

Postby verygorgeous » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 pm

OK. Here goes. I must apologize for the quality of the pictures. The only digital camera I had handy was my phone's camera!
These are the promotional fukuseigenga that DokiDoki offered when the imprint started up.
The bushogacho on the left is signed by Shiuko Kano, you just can't see it since it's in pencil, in the corner, and a bad picture. These limited edition prints were offered at AX through Akadot and then they offered them on the website as well. The print on the right is the hand-colored, autographed cell that Akadot offered after YaoiCon.
I'm addicted to artbooks. I apologize for the one that has the three English licensed artbooks (Kiss of Fire, Flamboyant, and Dark Dreams). By the way the dark book in the upper left hand corner of the final artbook pic is Sanami Matoh's Color.
Ta-da!
Thanks mo for the advice!
verygorgeous

Postby aoi_aka » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:30 pm

*flails* You have Gakuen Heaven books! I'm so jealous. I only got two of them (the original and Calling You) and totally forgot that there'd be more. You're an artbook geek and you have the fukuseigenga that DD sent out with the books. I have mine in poster frames out of harm's way. I don't want to damage them so I don't take them out for viewing.

You have those cells. They were so expensive. I couldn't afford to buy any of them. I saw the Yellow one at YC last year and it was so gorgeous. I love displayable art.

Will you adopt me? I'm cute and young and I can do the weekly chores! Anything to look at those artbooks. You have a lot of artbooks from my favorite mangaka. XD You have a nice collection.
aoi_aka

Postby verygorgeous » Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:49 pm

Why thank you! I want to mat and frame the fukuseigenga but I want it professionally done. So right now they live in my underwear drawer. At least my undies get to enjoy them. I'm a Gakuen Heaven Maniac. Honestly why do I need two copies of the Niwa x Keita book? Well duh one is the Biblos release and the other is the Libre one. Same with Alcohol, Shirt and Kiss (because this is one of my all time favorites I have the English version, the Biblos version, and the Libre edition.)

Sadly I'm not hiring at the moment but as soon as I have an opening I'll let you know!
verygorgeous

Postby aoi_aka » Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:36 pm

Have you played the Gakuen Heaven game? I love Alcohol, Shirt and Kiss. I love the mangaka and wish she did more BL manga.
aoi_aka

Postby verygorgeous » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:51 am

Actually I have played the Gakuen Heaven computer game. Now all the others (PS2 and I believe there is a Nintendo DS game-but I'm not entirely sure) I haven't checked out. Yuko Kuwabara is starting to create more and more BL titles but sadly we only have the two - Alcohol, Shirt, and Kiss and Blue Sky. I would love more from her.

Now for a moment off topic. How dumb am I! I just noticed the Upload attachment tab next to the options tab that contains all those check boxes. I could have used that! Wow I really am computer illiterate, not to mention a complete moron for not noticing that tab!
verygorgeous

Postby aoi_aka » Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:26 pm

And? How was it? The reason that I don't like ero games is that there is one character who is, in nice terms, the bicycle and what's-his-name is it. It bothers me that he doesn't seem to be faithful to one character. It just doesn't appeal to me. I have the tanks and the BLU versions 'cause I'm a completist but that little bit always bothers me.

If she creates more then maybe DMP will consider licensing them. I think I'm wearing the spine down on Alcohol, Shirt, and Kiss. Blue Sky is another of my favorites that I'm always reading. I think I'll take those off the shelf and read them instead of watching a show about WWII. XD

It happens to all of us. *pet* It's okay.
aoi_aka

Postby comusbassington » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:06 pm

Ah, Cafe Relish! Is the ending as cute as I suspect?

::contemplates stealing some of your artbooks:: :P
lip balm?
comusbassington

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk