Hello everybody!

Introduce yourself to the rest of the Juné Manga community!

Hello everybody!

Postby seelchen76 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:48 am

Hello everybody!

I'm Alexandra and i'm 32 years old. Yes, probably a little bit to old for yaoi-Manga, but hey... Whatever!
I'm from Germany so please excuse me, if my english isn't perfect.

I absolutely love yaoi! About 10 years ago i read my first Manga and since this time i have gone thru many different genres, but yaoi is just the best!!

My favorite Manga-ka are Youka Nitta, Ayano Yamane, Hinako Takanaga, Kazuma Kodaka, Seika Kisaragi, Haruka Minami and last but not least Makoto Tateno!

If anyone has any questions, please feel free and ask me! :)
A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
seelchen76

Re: Hello everybody!

Postby lore » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Yay, an older fan! Welcome! Your English is pretty good, and I could understand everything you were saying. We like a lot of the same mangakas, too. Right now, I'm very excited about reading Youka Nitta's "Odotama" soon.

I hope you have fun here. ^_^

love, lore
lore

@lore

Postby seelchen76 » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:56 pm

Yes, i want to read Otodama as well! And i think it will be a little bit different, than what we know so far from Youka Nitta. Because this one has no yaoi in it, but a lot of Crime, Mystery and a little bit shoujo. But nevertheless i'm really exited!!! :)
A kiss makes the heart young again and wipes out the years.
seelchen76

Postby lore » Fri Mar 12, 2010 12:43 am

Yes! I think her art oooooooozes sex, whether there's actually sex on the pages or not. I can hang with some non-BL from my favourite mangaka. And, hey, maybe we'll spot some m/m UST. :D
lore

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Tue Mar 16, 2010 5:19 am

Whats UST stand for?
Hiyoshimaru

Postby lore » Tue Mar 16, 2010 9:03 am

Unresolved Sexual Tension = UST

UST can be really fun to read and see. All those longing looks and moments that we hope hope hope will lead to something....

Otodama is meant to be a general title, without romance, but I'm hoping we'll be able to spot signs of UST because Youka Nitta is known for her BL titles and she'll unconsciously slip a bit into BL mode. :D
lore

Postby rachely476 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:22 am

Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!
rachely476

Postby lore » Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:21 am

rachely476 wrote:Hi, I am a new member of forum. Would a newcomer be warmly welcome here? Good day you guys!!!

A newcomer would, indeed, be warmly welcomed! I'm a little wary of the link in your signature, but if you participate here, I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun!

love, lore
lore

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Thu Nov 25, 2010 12:08 pm

Oh I don't think you're too old, most yaoi are 18+ for a reason you know. And the ladies who started the trend in the 70's can't be too old for it can they? xD They are the reason why we can read all awesome yaoi manga today. I freaking love Haruka Minami too, the stories are usually simple but DAMN she just draws the most sparkliest gorgeous semes EVER! I got lots of her books in Japanese, too bad there aren't many in English. The only ones that existed are out of print and whatever! BOO! She doesn't seem to be that popular in the US, I guess it's too kinky for most people. But I love her manga. And it's fun to see how much she has devolved with her art style. Even adding more realism, omg!

Everyone seems to be huge fans of Makoto Teteno and Youka Nitta but they aren't my personal favourites. xD They still are totally read able though.
Senyoru-Chan

Return to Introductions