Delays in Release Dates

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Delays in Release Dates

Postby fairygirl » Wed Jan 27, 2010 7:51 pm

I hope I am not being totally unreasonable in this, but would it be possible for the moderators to update fans via the forum when release dates have been pushed back? And could a dedicated thread be created for this, so that fans do not have to start individual threads to ask about the status of specific titles?

I realize that June is already quite good at communicating with fans, compared to some other manga publishers who have forums, but seem to ignore them completely. However, sometimes release dates come and go with no update at all, and still the title remains unreleased with no explanation.

I am fully aware that to become impatient over the delay of a yaoi book may seem rather silly, and I'm sure very few of us fans have any concept about the hold-ups inherent in the publishing industry, but sometimes a little information really goes a long way. Therefore, I humbly ask the forum moderators for their opinion on the feasibility of this request.

Thanks.
fairygirl

Re: Delays in Release Dates

Postby Noon » Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:41 pm

I was wondering when the fourh volume of ZE is coming out. Volume 5 has a release date of February 10 but it seems this won't happen unless they are planning on releasing both volumes 4 & 5 together, which is highly unlikely. There are other titles I am anticipating but new volumes of ZE is what I am looking forward to the most.
Noon

Postby airisu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:37 am

Yes, I was also just about to ask about the delayed titles. Would it be possible to also update the Juné website, because it is a bit frustrating to see all the titles I'm waiting for not hitting the stores (not even Akadot). There are tons of titles I can't wait to buy, a couple of them due in early December 2009. (Just a few to name: Vampire's Portrait 2 - still only available at Akadot, 9th Sleep, In the Walnut, How to Seduce a Vampire, Reversible (Sept!)) It is also valid for 801Media titles like the above mentioned ZE volume 4. Will this average 2-month delay affect all upcoming titles?

Thanks in advance!
airisu

Postby ChibiKami » Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:00 pm

Hi everyone! We understand the frustration with the delays-we're behind in the production areas on some of our books. We had said earlier somewhere-the winter holidays caused some big delays-there were no books shipped the last week of December, and due to printer holidays and our own internal holidays-we fell behind on some of the titles.

Ze 4 is really behind! :( Sorry! It and 5 will both be a little behind. We'll readjust the release schedule today.

Vampire's Portrait 2 should be in stores...or should be shortly. It's kind of odd that it isn't. We'll double check with our distributor.

Reversible Vol. 1 had major internal delays-due to acquiring of the artwork from overseas and production processes. It should be shipping to stores this week-and we should have it in Akadot in a couple of days.

9th Sleep and In The Walnut are at the printers and should be shipping shortly.

How To Seduce A Vampire is at the printers.

We are trying to catch up as much as we can. These delays are not permanent-and will not affect all upcoming titles. It's mainly affecting the late winter titles. We should be all caught up by Feb/March. :D

Again-we'll readjust the current release schedule. As we always say, release schedule dates are ALWAYS subject to change-and those are internal dates when we finish production (usually), not when they end up in stores. Books end up in stores about a week or two from the release date depending upon distribution and the stores carrying them.

Thanks!
ChibiKami

Postby airisu » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:17 pm

Thanks a lot for the prompt & quick answer! For me it was not clear so far that the dates that appear on the site are rather internal dates, but now I get it. ^^

I hope you don't mind me being pushy, I'll try to be a bit more patient in the future. ;) And I'll definitely will watch your announcement posts, too.
airisu

Postby ChibiKami » Fri Jan 29, 2010 11:51 am

Thanks guys! Again, we do apologize for the delays. We're doing our best. Speaking of Reversible Vol. 1-it has arrived, and so it should be shipping to stores this week. It's actually on Akadot right now!

Also in at Akadot are 9th Sleep and How To Capture A Martini.

Again, we'll keep you guys posted as we update and try to get these past few months squared away. These delays won't be felt by every book coming up as we said, so as much as you guys want it, internally we want to catch up too!

As far as being pushy, none of you guys are! You are the people who buy and read our books-so the fact that you guys want them and want to read them makes us happy-and pushes us to get the books out for all of you! <3 We could hug all of you for that.

So-if you have any questions about releases-just ask us. We will let you know to the best of our abilities.
Thanks!
ChibiKami

Postby comusbassington » Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:48 pm

I was actually wondering about Kiss Your Hair and the second volume of Kabuki. I'm not overly impatient (well maybe a little for the second one :? ) and I meant to ask earlier but since we're on the subject now I figured why not?

Thanks a bunch! :p
lip balm?
comusbassington

Postby ChibiKami » Fri Jan 29, 2010 3:10 pm

Kiss Your Hair is at the printers-and that should be done soon-so we should see that in a few weeks. Kabuki 2 is also at the printers right now. We'll let you know when they arrive. :D
ChibiKami

Postby phoenix4045 » Mon Feb 01, 2010 7:56 am

I am not sure if this counts but at amazon I am unable to place a pre-order on Cold Light... was it delayed or is that an issue only they can resolve?
phoenix4045

Postby ChibiKami » Mon Feb 01, 2010 11:58 am

Cold Light is one of the novels that's behind in production. You should still be able to preorder thru Amazon though (so I'm assuming the pre-order glitch is an Amazon thing), but it is going to be a little late. We're sorry for the delays on the novels. They take more time in production than the manga, and to catch up on our releases, we've prioritized manga releases over the novels. They're still getting done, but they're a little behind.
ChibiKami

Next

Return to Juné Titles