Youka Nitta Works

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Youka Nitta Works

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Oct 27, 2009 5:49 pm

Youka Nitta is definitely one of our faves as well. However, due to her situation in Japan, it is ultimately up to the licensor of whatever property of her's that licensor holds to deem whether they will release it for US licensing or not. We cannot control any decision made by her publishers regarding any of her properties. However, we will always attempt to license the best works we can. We'll definitely keep all of you updated here in the forums if we are able to bring more of Youka Nitta's works into print.
ChibiKami

Postby Noon » Tue Oct 27, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks for the reply. We all are waiting for good news and hopefully, you will be able to get more of Youka Nitta's works for the fans in the U.S.
Noon

Postby Sev » Mon May 03, 2010 8:02 am

I'd like to see 'Sound of My Voice 2' printed in english please. ;)
Sev

Postby kinziechan » Tue May 04, 2010 6:31 am

Things like Embracing Love would be much better under 801 though the more mellow would be better for June. ;) Just saying. Though I know about her issues over there and understand. Heres to hoping you get the rights.
Interested in an Anime Con in good weather? Great weather? Anime Kaigi, held in Flagstaff Az, is just the thing for you. Visit us at http://www.animekaigi.com or PM me with questions!
http://wetlemon.livejournal.com/-A yaoi blog by fans for fans!
kinziechan

Postby yellow dancer » Tue May 11, 2010 3:48 pm

This weekend I bought Otodama: Voice From the Dead Vol 1. I am not usually into that genre of manga, but I thought it is Youka Nitta; I will pick it up for the art if for nothing else.
It was interesting. I read it cover to cover, in one sitting. That is unusual for me, with the frequent, attention-demanding interruptions. Too bad, there was not a hint of yaoi in it! I could envision a love triangle between Kaname, Yasuhide, and his older brother, the Iwaki look-alike.
I am assuming Otodama will not be a long series. Perhaps less than two or three volumes?
yellow dancer

Postby Noon » Wed May 12, 2010 11:00 pm

Two volumes have been published in Japan and is still ongoing. I, too, was a bit disappointed that it is not a BL. However I can tell Kaname has some feelings for Hide. Nitta-sensei might not make it a significant thing in the story but let's hope something will happen.

Actually, I thought Nagatsuma-san was more of a Yoshinaga look-alike than Iwaki's.
Noon

Postby yellow dancer » Thu May 13, 2010 2:34 pm

I considered Iwaki to be the visual template for Yasuhiro Nagatsuma and Yoshinaga, who were kindred spirits to each other, but considerably different from the AV pro-turned-professional actor.
Nagatsuma was a police politico, a disposal gear in the ever-turning wheel of bureaucracy. His conscience was briefly seen, and as a supporting character, it will be interesting to see if that will be developed in the coming volumes.
Yoshinaga had no such failings. He was a mastermind of manipulation. Shiraishi was outclassed by him, no more than a helpless fly ensnarled in the spider’s web of lies and corruption. It was wicked to watch Yoshinaga weave…
I sensed the touchy-feely element between Yasuhide and Kaname Otonashi. It was probably unintentional, the old habit of a BL author. Or it was a tease, to sell more manga...
yellow dancer

Postby Noon » Thu May 13, 2010 4:02 pm

It could be unintentional but it is also possible that it becomes a BL eventually. Me think that there will only be subtle hints here and there but will not be made something significant in the story. If I am not mistaken, Blue Sheep Reverie by Makoto Tateno was not supposed to be one as it was serialized in a shoujo magazine but has been moved to the BL side.

From what I saw in the first volume, I think Kaname is the one who has feelings for Hide and not the other way around. Well, let's say for now. I also think Nagatsuma-san might play a role in this and there is a tiny possibility it could turn into a love triangle. That or he will end up with that black haired detective woman who is working with him. I don't want this to happen as I want some BL.
Noon

Postby yellow dancer » Thu May 13, 2010 5:09 pm

I thought there was unsaid personal history between the black-haired woman and Nagatsuma, something more than the hostility displayed in a typically male-orientated profession.
I thought Kaname had an affinity for Yasuhide. The sound of his voice calmed Kaname, and something was mentioned about Yasuhide having purity. Yasuhide openly expressed concern for Kaname, and the man’s abnormal hearing did not freak Yasuhide out. That could be the starting point…
I have seen Otodama advertised on a Japanese online shop. One of its selling points was it did not contain BL. I thought that was strange, as if that was reason enough to buy it. I suspect her name has become inescapably connected to BL that no one would believe Youka Nitta could write anything else. I am prepared for the disappointment, but I am also hoping to see if any BL developments occur in the future volume(s).
Otodama is still ongoing? I assumed with the scandal, Youka Nitta went into seclusion and quit being a mangaka entirely. I thought Otodama was her last, unfinished manga. I seriously do not keep up…
yellow dancer

Postby Noon » Thu May 13, 2010 7:08 pm

Yes, Youka-sensei started Otodama before the big scandal and it has been discontinued. However I am sure I read somewhere that she is back to continue this one and it is still being serialized in Wings magazine.

So, you think Nagatsuma and the black-haired woman had a history? It could be as I was sure there was more from what was displayed. It could be an affair or something like that and whether it was over or not, that we don't know yet.

If Nitta-sensei did not intend for this particular one to be a BL, I am sure she would pair up a male and a female at the end. However I really cannot imagine her working on any other genre. I know Makoto Tateno is working on different genres (shoujo, BL, etc.) but Nitta-sensei's work is different. Well, I just hope she succeeds in whatever style she chooses and I sure hope she won't stop drawing BL.
Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles