Youka Nitta Works

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Youka Nitta Works

Postby Noon » Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:58 pm

Is there a possiblity for Youka Nitta works to be licensed? I know that that they have pulled out her back catalog and all of her other latest works in Japan due to some scandal with plagiarism, so would that affect any licensing plans in the future? I am a big fan of "Haru wo Daiteita" and "Boku no Koe" and would love to see both re-licensed. Are there plans of the sort?
Noon

Re: Youka Nitta Works

Postby mo2468 » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:35 am

It seems June has a "big" license announcement planned for Yaoi-con this fall. If we're lucky it'll be for the rescue of Embracing Love. I have no idea how the scandal has affected future licensing of Nitta's works, but Libre is allowing the last chapter or so of Haru wo Daiteita to be published to finish the series off in Japan, so the possibility that they would allow an international license is not impossible. The issue of the traced pages would have to be addressed by any English licensor, though (ie, removing those pages/panels, getting Nitta to redraw them or getting permission from the rights holders of those images), before publishing in English would be possible.
mo2468

Postby Noon » Sun Sep 20, 2009 11:05 am

I hope this will be the case as I am a huge fan of Nitta-sensei's works. I have heard about the Haru wo Daiteita's last chapter being published and hopefully they will re-publish the previous volumes too as I would love to have them. If June decided to rescue license this title and her other titles, I would be happy.
Noon

Postby Sakura_Hikizaki » Sun Sep 20, 2009 9:00 pm

I would also like to see more of her work too! I'm a huge fan of hers...after reading and watching Embracing love. I would perosnally like it better if June got the rights to publish ^^
Sakura_Hikizaki

Postby Noon » Mon Sep 21, 2009 12:48 am

I was so looking forward to new chapters of "The Prime Minister's Secret Diplomacy" but she just had to quit at that time. I was so disappointed. Initially, this work was supposed to be a one shot series but she decided to continue it since she fell in love with the characters. I, too, fell in love with them and that's why I wanted more.

Well, hopefully chibi-oni will bring us some good news about June licensing her works in the future.
Noon

Postby fairygirl » Tue Sep 29, 2009 4:36 pm

I would also be interested in Embracing Love!
fairygirl

Postby Sakura_Hikizaki » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:05 pm

On the topic of Nitta sensei I heard that Embracing love will soon be ending.
Sakura_Hikizaki

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Sat Oct 03, 2009 5:19 pm

Sakura_Hikizaki wrote:On the topic of Nitta sensei I heard that Embracing love will soon be ending.

I thought it already was ended... (feeds Neopet on other screen then comes back to June)

And yeah...
Hiyoshimaru

Postby Noon » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:41 pm

Nitta-sensei had ended her Haru wo Daiteita. The final volume will be published this fall in Japan. I really, really hope June will re-license this series. It is just awesome and one of the best BL titles, IMO.

Speaking of Nitta-sensei, I also hope her earlier works will be licensed. When a Man Loves a Man is a good work and it would be great if it is to be licensed.
Noon

Postby Noon » Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Yaoi-Con is this week and I am praying that one of June licenses would be Haru wo Daiteita or any of Nitta-sensei's works. Please say that it is not impossible for her works to be licensed.
Noon

Next

Return to Juné Titles