Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Postby fairygirl » Fri May 15, 2009 5:13 pm

I'd really love to see more of Masara Minase's work licensed and published in North America. The only two officially translated titles that I know of are Empty Heart and Lies and Kisses, both by Drama Queen. However, because of that publisher's problems, you can hardly even get those two.

I'd love it if June would consider picking up some of her many other titles. Her art is absolutely amazing and her stories are usually a real cut above the average.

I, for one, would purchase them all, were they available in English.
fairygirl

Re: Titles You'd Like to See Licensed

Postby k_canales » Fri May 15, 2009 8:55 pm

Yup, Misara Minase is a good option. She has a few nice titles, and I could only get my hands on the Lies and Kisses title, so I'm a little sad I missed Empty Heart.

But, I would love to see more titles by some of June's already published authors. More from Tsuta Suzuki, such as Boku no Shiru Anata no Hanashi , Akanai Tobira, and Hand Which.
Another title that I would like to see brought over is Renai Shinan! by Noboru Takatsuki.
And I cannot end this post without mentioning two titles that I REALLY WANT to own: Overdose and Cafe Latte Rhapsody by Toko Kawai. I would love to hear these two titles are being published.... please!
And last, but not least, I would like Mata Ashita, by Machiya Hatoko which is one of the cutest one-shot's I've read in a long time.
There's many more, but I don't think if they would be something June would be interested in (I'm talking about Naono Bohra and others similar to her).
k_canales

Postby monkeebiz » Sun May 17, 2009 4:45 am

Double dittos on Renai Shinan and anything by Noboru Takatsuki. The art is gorgeous.
monkeebiz

Postby vampkiss » Mon May 18, 2009 10:16 am

I'd love to see the yaoi novel 'Answer' by Sakiya Haruhi & Yamane Ayano published (and it's sequel, 'Suggestion').

And I agree with the other posters; more from SUZUKI Tsuta would be great. I love her stories and artwork. NEKOTA Yonezou artwork is pretty too. :)
vampkiss

Postby jhitchin » Thu May 21, 2009 2:04 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing some more Goh Shiira novels such as "Yuuwaku Voice" or "Fuudo no Jounetsu". I really have been enjoying seeing a lot of light novels make it into English, and am sad they aren't doing well enough for some publishers to keep going.

J
jhitchin

Postby fairygirl » Mon May 25, 2009 6:17 pm

I definitely agree with anything by Toko Kawaii! I've enjoyed all the translations of her works so far. In fact, "Cut" and "Just Around the Corner" are definitely on my favourites list.
fairygirl

Postby Seraimes » Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:44 pm

OOoohhh there are soo many titles that I would love to see licensed. Let see....

Mitsuyaku - Gotou Shinobu, Maruya Kae
All of Honjou Rie's work especially Welcome to the Chemistry Room.
All of Hidaka Shouko's works.
All of Fuwa Shinri's works. Especially Hageshii Ame and Bokura wo Shihaisuru Kotoba

And I do agree with Mata Ashita. It's such a sweet story. I have the japanese version but would love an English version as well.

Well, all of above pretty much guarantees a buy from me. Ahhh I've been obsessively buying Yaoi mangas even with the economy. Heheh I guess recession or not, I must have my Yaoi.
Seraimes

Postby Lien-Hua » Sun Jun 07, 2009 11:43 am

> Anything by Maruya Kae and Natsume Isaku
> Café Latte Rhapsody by Kawai Touko
> Uchi no Tantei Shirimasen ka? by Kisaragi Hirotaka
> Seven Days by Tachibana Venio & Takarai Rihito
> The rest of Mainichi Seiten series by Sugano Akira & Ninomiya Etsumi

I'd also love to see licensed the novel:
> Kimi Dake no Finder by Homiya Minori & Maruya Kae
Last edited by Lien-Hua on Wed Jul 21, 2010 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lien-Hua

Postby fairygirl » Wed Jun 24, 2009 5:44 am

I'd love to see Saki Aida's Deadlock licensed. The S novel series was one of the best I've read in the yaoi genre. So fantastic - I've already read through it several times. Please bring us more of this author's work!
fairygirl

Postby mo2468 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:32 am

After having done a little research, what I'd really love to see are two license rescues from DramaQueen (don't know the status of the licensing limbo of their titles, mind you): Omen by Makoto Tateno and NOT/LOVE by Kano Miyamoto. The reason I say I'd like to see DMP rescue these licenses is that it is clear that you guys already have a relationship with the publisher of both, considering you guys've already licensed numerous other titles from them.
mo2468

Next

Return to Juné Titles