Maiden Rose YES!!!

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Maiden Rose YES!!!

Postby ChibiKami » Fri Mar 26, 2010 10:36 am

Re: The below:
I got an e-mail from Barns & Noble stating the Maiden Rose Volume 1's release had been delayed. As if the prissy censoring June' does wasn't worrying me enough, now they may even delay it longer "because they can".

We don't delay things "because we can". We're experiencing a bottleneck in production and in distribution that should clear up in the next couple of months. We understand the delays have been frustrating-but we're not a big company-so we do the very best we can to get things out as quickly and efficiently as possible. We will catch up, we hope you all will be patient with us as we work through this.
ChibiKami

Postby Thuly » Fri Mar 26, 2010 12:15 pm

Although I pre-ordered, I almost knew that it was going to be delay. :roll: I'm just really excited though....just want to have the actual copy in my hands. *crazy-fan girl laugh* :mrgreen:
Thuly

Postby 3rza777 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:33 pm

Well perhaps you guys should focus on one shots if it's too difficult to publish longer series like Maiden Rose or Ze.
No offense to any moderators, but your company is not professional, you don't see this history of mismanagment, delays and financial trouble from any other publishing company.

I'm being critical not because "I need the product this very second" but because this has happened on several occassions(one of which I was never refunded), and frankly, I'd rather buy from the Japanese source (which is usually even smaller then June', but still timely, effective and so on).

If this makes me seem unfair, then so be it. But every other company (however large or small) is expected to always delivered on a demanded title or series that they advertise. They shouldn't claim to release something on March 24 (several months in advance) and then change it to May at the last minute.

If this were to occur once or twice due to unforseen difficulties, fine. But if it happens regularly (as many fans I've spoken to complain) then it becomes a reflection on the company's professionalism.
Last edited by 3rza777 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
3rza777

Postby yaoi_pariah » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:23 pm

First of all, June' is the largest company of its kind in North America, with several branches and web stores that have no problem selling hundreds of other titles.

Wow, that's news to me. :D

Since I started this thread, I'm going to comment here:

Not all publishers are perfect. Dark Horse manga has pretty much been late on 90% of everything it's ever brought over from Japan. Don't get me started on Seven Seas, and some others... While we're on the subject, what you said and I quoted above did make me smile because you can still be a small publisher and have many imprints; I think DMP is doing the best they can with the resources they have.

As for release dates - Book distributors demand a concrete date to give vendors like Amazon and Barnes/Noble; but producing more than one title is never an exact science. The variables can be pretty intense: if the pre-press, editing, and proofing process for any given title has the slightest of hiccups [such as one title delayed because another is lagging in proofing] then the publisher has to make the decision which book to print in its place, or how much time to delay it. You simply can't send 10 titles at once to the printers, because those people expect to be paid cash up front - so printing one to two titles at a time, spreading out their print dates, is crucial. Sending a bunch of titles to the printer in tandem is expensive and can be costly if anything goes wrong; best to miss a projected release date by one month, then to release a slew of misprinted or poorly printed books. DMP has made some strides in bettering the quality of their titles - if this means a few delays, then so be it. [my opinion]. They're not VIZ, or a manga publisher funded by a 'NY publishing house - they don't have an army of contracted editors and offices out the wazoo. :lol: Technically, they're still a small company, so things like spaced out print-schedules are neccessary in order to release the books they do; without going cash poor.

In this case of Maiden Rose, I guess there's been a delay due to 'too many titles at the printer' right now [or too many titles in production]? I'm glad someone has come on this forum and told you so, something many BL pubs don't so. Again, sorry MR is delayed and you don't have it yet - I know this sucks. :(

-Tina
-------------------------
Official Site: Optimistic Voodoo
Latest Work: Whore of Turfan
yaoi_pariah

Postby 3rza777 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 4:35 pm

The problem is, we weren't informed.

I had to get worked up in frenzy (bad form on my part I'm aware). My friend was actually quite nice about it who commented before me.

Perhaps I should be banned from the forum? Highly likely.

I work with publishing, so I'm no stranger to how stressful and demanding the task is.

It should be noted however that June' DMP should then at least be expected to deliver quality titles. If they are unsure, then several months of preparation and editing should be (in m opinion) flawless if such care is being put into it.
3rza777

Postby sun22 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:56 pm

kinziechan wrote:I'm excited but worried. This is a rather intense title. I dont want anything to go missing from the artwork.

Yes, this worries me a lot too. I would have asked June about it, but they won't answer. PLEASE, could someone who 1) doesn't care about censorship and 2) owns the original book - buy this title once it's out and let others here know whether it's censored or not? THANK YOU!!! :D I know I'm asking for a lot, but June is refusing to provide this information, their policy is "if you wanna see if it's censored or not: buy our book, and buy the original". (Sorry, but I don't want to waste my money like that, and I just do not want to support censorship.)
Last edited by sun22 on Fri Mar 26, 2010 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sun22

Postby aoi_aka » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:00 pm

sun22 wrote:
kinziechan wrote:I'm excited but worried. This is a rather intense title. I dont want anything to go missing from the artwork.

Yes, this worries me a lot too. I would have asked June about it, but they won't answer. Can someone who 1) doesn't care about censorship and 2) owns the original book - buy this title once it's out and let others here know whether it's censored or not? I know I'm asking for a lot, but June is refusing to provide this information, their policy is "if you wanna see if it's censored or not: buy our book, and buy the original". Sorry, but I don't want to waste my money like that, and I just do not want to support censorship.

I own the books in Japanese and I'm certainly not going to buy it so I can come here and tell you if it's censored or not. I will buy the English version and enjoy it, whether or not it's censored. The lot of you complain too much.
aoi_aka

Postby sun22 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:08 pm

aoi_aka wrote:
I own the books in Japanese and I'm certainly not going to buy it so I can come here and tell you if it's censored or not. I will buy the English version and enjoy it, whether or not it's censored. The lot of you complain too much.

Well, thanks for nothing then :D My "lot" will have to survive somehow... without your help, aoi_aka :lol: Enjoy!

(And there's no need to be rude, by the way. Of course, people will buy it to enjoy themselves, first and foremost. Where do you see me asking anyone "to buy it so they can tell me"? this sounds so ridiculous I hope there are very few people besides you who read my request THAT way...Well, in case anyone else has such doubts: it's a humble request to people who would buy the book either way (censored or not) and do NOT mind telling others re: this.... )

P.S. June rep mentioned that I should ask / listen to what others say on this topic (i.e., whether it's censored or not), hence I "dared" to ask, but I guess very few are doing this basically "charity work" for free...
sun22

Postby aoi_aka » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:34 pm

sun22 wrote:
aoi_aka wrote:

Well, thanks for nothing then :D My "lot" will have to survive somehow... without your help, aoi_aka :lol: Enjoy!

(And there's no need to be rude, by the way. Of course, people will buy it to enjoy themselves, first and foremost. Where do you see me asking anyone "to buy it so they can tell me"? this sounds so ridiculous I hope there are very few people besides you who read my request THAT way...Well, in case anyone else has such doubts: it's a humble request to people who would buy the book either way (censored or not) and do NOT mind telling others re: this.... )

P.S. June rep mentioned that I should ask / listen to what others say on this topic (i.e., whether it's censored or not), hence I "dared" to ask, but I guess very few are doing this basically "charity work" for free...

You already made up your mind about Maiden Rose. You call me rude but still expect others to:

sun22 wrote:Can someone who 1) doesn't care about censorship and 2) owns the original book - buy this title once it's out and let others here know whether it's censored or not?

Not even a please. Yikes. And I was called rude. All you care about is the censoring of the book. You don't seem to care that a mangaka and publishers need to be supported with our purchase. You won't buy the book. That's fine. I seriously doubt DMP will feel it. Other people will buy it. And we'll enjoy it.
aoi_aka

Postby 3rza777 » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:37 pm

sun22 wrote:
aoi_aka wrote:

Don't worry, many would be happy to do so.
As I've ranted about on this forum, I've ordered the June' version os Maiden Rose. I was also thinknig of ordering the Japanese orginal soon (since DMP will take a century to get their act together I'm sure).

I know it's just an honest requst and I'll get back to you when I compare them lol
3rza777

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles