Blue Sheep Reverie 5

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Blue Sheep Reverie 5

Postby payang » Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:53 pm

Hi. I'm just curious if there are plans for this book to be released in a physical format. I noticed it's available only for the Kindle (which I have)...but nothing else.

I don't want to buy it for the Kindle, as I would prefer to actually have it in physical format (to add to my collection of the first four volumes). I also hate reading manga on my Kindle Fire/Kindle for PC (mostly due to lack of zoom function).

So...should we be expecting a release of it in any other format? And if so, how long would we have to wait for that format (I have no qualms about waiting too, mind you...just not forever).
"Jump start my heart and wake the sleeper inside" -Ignition (by TobyMac)
payang

Re: Blue Sheep Reverie 5

Postby mo2468 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:23 pm

The Amazon pre-order page for volume 5 says March 13, so I'm guessing the printing simply got pushed back a bit from the scheduled release. I'm sure we'll see it on Akadot/Yaoi Club soon and other online retailers a few weeks later as usual. As for the kindle edition already being out, I think they've been releasing their digital editions before their print editions (on the titles for which they have digital rights) by a few weeks. It's true that reviewers get their review copies digitally weeks before the print editions are out, even at Akadot. They probably put things up online when they have them finished, and send them to the printers at the same time, but because of the time it takes to print and ship the books back, the print edition doesnt come out right away.

I'm incidentally really looking forward to this release. It's the only thing holding back my next Akadot order.
mo2468

Postby payang » Sat Feb 25, 2012 5:03 pm

I don't mean to be skeptical, but I don't trust preorder dates listed on Amazon. I've heard too many stories of Amazon and their dates, so I know it's never accurate. I don't see why the June website would list one date only if there will be two separate dates for the two types of releases. If it's going to be that way, I would hope they'd have the courtesy to let us know when to expect the second format.

This title is also what's holding me back from my next purchase on Akadot as well (which is why I'm so curious).
"Jump start my heart and wake the sleeper inside" -Ignition (by TobyMac)
payang

Postby mo2468 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:05 am

Digital Manga historically isn't good about releasing titles on their release dates. Production schedules are rather difficult to predict. If one aspect gets pushed back, the completion date gets pushed back, too. They also have a history of being conservative about how many titles they commit to print at any given time. This is probably to protect themselves from having too much money invested without income coming in at any one time, so even if the site says that four titles will come out on a certain date, we see one of them come out each week surrounding that date, with this volume of this title seeming to be the last of the current lot to come out.

I honestly can't see them not printing this book. They've stated explicitly many times that Makoto Tateno is always a good seller for them, and this is one of my favorite titles by her.
mo2468

Postby kozato » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:08 pm

:D This book is definitely getting a print release, and should be on Akadot shortly, actually!
*‧★,:*:‧ヽ(*・ω・)ノ゚‧:*‧°★
dmi social networking & marketing bro
kozato

Return to Juné Titles