No more yaoi novels?

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

No more yaoi novels?

Postby kenzou » Wed Jan 04, 2012 1:26 pm

Excuse me if it is not allowed, but I've tried to search the forums and the web page of Juné, and I couldn't get an answer to my question.

So, I just wanted to ask, what happened to the yaoi novels? I mean, the last yaoi novel was published by Juné in february 2011, and since then nothing new was released. Will there be any new novels in the future or just mangas?
I'd be so sad if there wont be any novels, 'cause I've to admit, I like novels much more than mangas...

Thank you for the replies in advance.
kenzou

Re: No more yaoi novels?

Postby crayon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 3:03 pm

We are releasing:
Only the Ring Finger knows (novel) - the last volume in fall 2012
Ai No Kusabi (novel) - the last 2 volumes in winter 2012
crayon

Postby khauzy » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:41 pm

What about re-prints of popular novels, like All you need is love vol. 1? It sold out pretty quickly and I can't afford to pat $300 for it on Amazon. ;___;
khauzy

Postby crayon » Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:39 pm

Some of our novels should be restocking this summer.
We haven't decided which ones yet tho. crayon
crayon

Postby khauzy » Fri Jan 06, 2012 7:14 am

That's awesome! Would they be cover price or the hiked up prices the old ones are on Akadot now?
khauzy

Postby crayon » Fri Jan 06, 2012 11:01 am

Standard cover price will apply.
crayon

Postby Vata_Raven » Sun Jan 15, 2012 3:39 am

I can recommend a couple of gay fantasy novels to you. They're really nice books and maybe it can fill that void of lack of yaoi novels. First one if Scarlet and the White Wolf and the other is Nightrunner. SatWW has 3 books so far and she's working on a 4th one, and Nightrunner has the 6th book coming out in May. SatWW is a gay romance take on red ridding hood and prince/commoner at the same time, as Nightrunner is really high fantasy, like rouges, wizards, dragons, ect.
“In order to protect something precious, you must find it first.”- Vata Raven
Vata_Raven

Postby magrat » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:00 am

“Some of our novels should be restocking this summer.
We haven't decided which ones yet tho. crayon”

Won’t some survey/poll help?

(lots of people are asking about Ai no Kusabi vol1 for example…)
magrat

Postby crayon » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:48 pm

I'll say AI NO KUSABI & OTRFK will be restocked this summer, for sure.
Not sure about the other ones tho.
crayon
crayon

Postby janine » Sat Feb 25, 2012 6:24 pm

I, too would like to add my humble reply to this topic, if I may.

"Some of our novels should be restocking this summer.
We haven't decided which ones yet tho. crayon"

Firstly, it is indeed wonderful news that you all will be restocking certain yaoi novels, but although you cannot say for certain which ones you may be reprinting, apart from AnK and OTRF, would you please do kindly consider a reprint of, "All You Need is Love" Volume 1?
I defintely know for a fact that many people, myself included would greatly like to purchase this title.

I was not fortunate enough to purchase it when it was first printed but I would sincerely like to be given the opportunity to add this lovely title to my collection.

The prices are utterly ridiculous (not only for All You Need is Love but for several of the older novels) and as much I would really like to own this book, I certainly cannot afford it at these exorbitant prices.

Secondly, would it be possible for you all to perhaps establish a new thread solely for BL novel suggestions which you can consider licensing in the future? It will be good to gauge the readers' opinions or suggestions as to which potential titles they would like to see become licensed.

One series, in particular which I personally would love to own is the "Deadlock" series by Aida Saki and Takashina Yuu.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind consideration and do have a plesant day.
janine

Next

Return to Juné Titles