Out of Print books (Tyrant 1, Ring finger 4 ect)

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Out of Print books (Tyrant 1, Ring finger 4 ect)

Postby Vata_Raven » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 pm

@naomi-ai: I'm sorry, I wouldn't buy it, chances are, that's the damage done to the book, if you're remember right. I will pay $20 for the novel, if need be, I have no issue with it. I've paid up $50 for the out of print Tyrant volume 2, I'll buy by stuff like that. I don't think I spend more than that on a book before.
“In order to protect something precious, you must find it first.”- Vata Raven
Vata_Raven

Postby naomi-ai » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:34 pm

@Vata_Raven - Sorry I couldn't have been more help. It's been a long time since I've looked at the book itself so I could easily be confusing the damage with other yaoi novels bought at the same time. I understand wanting to keep books in pristine condition/buying them that way; I have a shelf dedicated to those special books in my library though I have my share of less fortunates that are not as nice but are usually "reading copies" of the nicer books.

Good luck on your search (and even more hope that they reprint so you can buy a brand new one!)
naomi-ai

Postby phoenix15 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:03 am

Good day,

It was a wonderful move to reprint some of the other releases such as, "Black Sun", "Tyrant" and "Finder" so I would also like to to humbly request that you consider reprinting the following titles as well.

Some of these have already been mentioned in this thread, but I would really like to enquire and hope that you can please reprint these titles, because their prices are too very expensive, especially when currency exchange rates are a factor.

1. [Novel] All You Need is Love - Volume 1
2. Seven Days : Monday - Thursday
3. A Strange and Mystifying Story - Volumes 1 and 2
4. A Bloody Kiss Tonight

Please do consider it and thank you very much in advance! :)
phoenix15

Postby dunno001 » Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:04 pm

I've... run into some issues with the OOP issues myself, so much so that I'm hesitant to pick up anything in a series with more than 1 volume! My financial situation is seasonal, so I can't afford to pick up every book I want upon release; I have to catch up later. But, on so many occasions, all with DMP books, I'll order the books only to have a volume cancelled for being OOP. A few other series have flown under my radar also; once I discover them, I look into it to find that there's already a volume going for triple retail. Thus, well... I just don't buy any of it, and keeping these very low print runs I feel hurts sales more in the end. I'm aware of the problems unique to the print industry with taxes and unsold books, pulped books from retail returns, etc. But when even Akadot is selling a DMP book for $75, you know there's a problem...
-dunno001
-Once burnt, twice shy...
dunno001

Postby RaineeC » Tue Sep 18, 2012 10:18 pm

I recently decided to buy some more series and sadly, as the fifth one comes out for Ring Finger, I would have no idea what happened in the fourth!!!!! Does anybody happen to have the 4th they're willing to sell at a not so ridiculous price? Last I checked,it was over $300 or $1500 for that one volume. It was ridiculous. I think volume 11 of Junjou Romantica also costed around $20 or so. Finder had volumes 1, 2, 3, 5, and 6 at a reasonable price, but volume 4 is ridiculous; it costs around $50!
RaineeC

Postby TNT » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:30 pm

I don't know if you tried but try Akadot.com. They had it restocked but now it's for special order only. Maybe you can call into customer service.
TNT

Postby RaineeC » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:03 am

I was just in luck and got a copy of "only the ring finger knows" vol 4. Thought I'd share since it's at a really reasonable price right now. The $300+ was just ridiculous. So hurry and get your copy! I

If there's anyone still interested in a copy the link's right here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Only-the-Ring-F ... 43b3b617c5
RaineeC

Postby faye_naruse » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:24 pm

Anybody know where I can get my hands on Hey Class President Vol. 3? Volumes 4 and 5 are up for preorder, but I still haven't been able to get the previous volume now that I have the means to do so :cry:

It's been OOP for a while now, so with the new volumes coming out I can't help wondering what the publisher's plans are for the third one... Any info on what's going on would be much appreciated :)
faye_naruse

Postby kurokami » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:30 am

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Cold Light? The only ones I can find are $100+ which is ridiculous. I do think they need to start doing reprints of the older series.
kurokami

Postby kat_harrow » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:45 pm

On Cold Light, I've seen it under $100 online, still you will pay several times over the $9. But, it might be one of those books that is more genuinely worth over its original retail. It seemed to be released around a certain point in time that it was tricky to get a hold of June books, if not around their release date then soon after. I got my copy from the publisher and paid over cover price not even a year after it came out.

Cold Light being HTF is definitely one of the more unfortunate holes in the catalouge though, because it is not only the middle book of the trilogy but vital. I know people have tried to read only the last book or skipped Light but, the story doesn't work that way. Maybe with Castle Mango coming out last year Narise Konohara's profile will be elevated to a point that new people will search out her other writings creating a larger demand. But, honestly the Cold series is one title I have some difficulty in knowing who to recommend it to. It starts off as a nice, normal BL novel and then goes somewhere else to such a degree that I have a feeling people would stop reading it. Still I think it's a unique and interesting addition to the English market (and I'm not a fujoshi so my concerns on content might be a little conservative). But, I feel sort of lucky that someone said yes to publishing it in the first place overseas.
kat_harrow

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles