Yoneda Kou's "No Touching At All"

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Yoneda Kou's "No Touching At All"

Postby Heero171 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:48 pm

Hello June forum ^_^

I was curious to know what's going on with the release, I know YaoiClub has made it available earlier than Akadot or Amazon.com (North America is general), but I've heard there have been delays across the board with distribution.

I've been anxiously waiting for this title for the entire year, and Yoneda Kou has become one of my top three favorite BL mangaka and I can't wait to recieve my order.

My friend loves her even more, and is concerned with DMP's retail relationship with Amazon . She recently recieved an e-mail from Amazon that her order would be delayed once again and she's very disastified (as am I) with DMPs tendency to delay release dates on almost every title we order from them.

I should add that she's Canadian (Quebec).

I know I'll get flak for this, probably coming off as if I feel entitled, but I seriously just want some info about the status of this title, that's all.
Thanks everyone :)
Heero171

Re: Yoneda Kou's "No Touching At All"

Postby Heero171 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:01 pm

I should also add that another friend of mine has ordered a copy for me from YaoiClub (as a holiday gift) and that I myself am not dismayed, but I'm asking just for my Quebecian friend's info.
Heero171

Postby Shroud » Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:07 am

DMP don't send the books to retailers. Their distributor does (I believe it is Diamond Comics, who do almost everyone's comics/manga distro). Over the past year to 18 months, Diamond has been heavily criticised for being late with shipments and not responding to requests for more more stock to retailers in general. In fact, it was apparently one of the things that caused Marvel Comics to dump them as their distributor.
Group: Kawaii Neko
Group status: it's always been complete
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby Akisame » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:09 am

Yes, but that manga appears as "exclusive" to Yaoiclub. What does it mean?
Akisame

Postby Shroud » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:09 pm

It means for now, you can't buy it anywhere else. All DMP titles are exclusive the first 2-3 weeks to Akadot. No Touching at All can be currently read at Emanga though.
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby LadyDorian » Tue Dec 14, 2010 8:24 pm

I received my copy of "No Touching At All" today from Yaoiclub, and though I do generally like June's releases, I'm very disappointed with this. This is my favorite yaoi, but unfortunately the translation doesn't do it any justice. :*(
LadyDorian

Postby Shroud » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:17 am

Not everyone is going to be happy with every translation, but I found this one better than most. The emotional build up was slow, and suitably subtle. I was not disappointed.
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby LadyDorian » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:02 pm

For me, the choppy text/inconsistencies only served to add confusion and prevent me from fully enjoying such a wonderful manga. Rather, I felt the characters' emotions had been downplayed by hard-to-follow speech bubbles, only fully manifesting in pages without text, as the mangaka conveys such feeling through faces and actions. When I flip through my raw copy, I feel such joy and sorrow, empathy with the characters...but in this release, not so much.

And "yakiniku" is definitely not the same as "fried chicken."
LadyDorian

Postby Shroud » Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:27 am

well,,no its not haha :lol: yakiniku is grilled meat. Though funnily enough, offtopic here, KFC do a very looked forward to fried chicken special known as Christmas Chicken there reserved in advance for takeaway on Christmas Eve! XD
Not taking applications
Shroud

Postby Noon » Sat Dec 25, 2010 11:08 pm

While I did enjoy the book, I certainly noticed the not so good translation. It was even a bit confusing at some parts.
Noon

Next

Return to Juné Titles