Only The Ring Finger Knows Vol 4

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Only The Ring Finger Knows Vol 4

Postby AraiHime39 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:03 pm

I don't know if this issue has already been addressed but.......
I've been trying to get my hands on this novel since it's street release date (June 24 according to Amazon). I had pre-ordered it from Amazon MONTHS before that. But now, even though it was released a few weeks ago, it seems that still nobody has this title.

Except for Akadot Retail; whom I would gladly buy from except for the fact that they want to make me pay a ridiculous amount for shipping, which as a poor college graduate in the middle of job searching, I can't afford. (I mean, I've gotten cheaper shipping rates ordering stuff from JAPAN! I'm not going to pay twice that to get one book shipped over from California. =.=;; )

So I'm just wondering if anybody knows why there is a delay with other retailers, and how much longer of a wait it will be for those of us who don't have deep enough pockets to pay for Akadot's shipping? If I could get an answer back on this, it would be great! 'Cause I know I'm not the only one having this issue, and waiting for something is much worse when you don't know what is going on or how long a wait it will be. ^^
Handle every situation like a Dog:
If you can't eat it or screw it......Then piss on it and walk away

<3<3 ~Image <3<3 Image ~<3<3
AraiHime39

Re: Only The Ring Finger Knows Vol 4

Postby monkeebiz » Sat Jul 11, 2009 4:22 am

I've been wondering the same thing, too. That shipping is just a dealbreaker.

For myself, I'm hoping someone will be selling it in the vast dealers room at Otakon next weekend.
monkeebiz

Postby AraiHime39 » Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:45 am

Yeah. Likewise. I'll be searching the dealer's room for it first thing when I get to Otakon. lol

But even if I do find it, I'd like an answer if I can get one, because I know that I'm not the only one waiting on this. I've heard several people discussing the same thing on a OtRFK thread on another forum. But nobody seems to know why there is a delay. It's just a little disheartening....having such a delay after waiting for several years for this novel to be first released in Japan and then finally licensed and released here. Having something so close, and yet still out of your reach. ^^;;

AraiHime39

Postby chibi-oni » Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:09 pm

Our distributor was late in shipping out our June titles, apparently, so many of them will be showing up more prominently in July. If you pre-ordered from Amazon, they should begin receiving enough copies to fill orders during this month.
chibi-oni

Postby AraiHime39 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:14 pm

:D That'll be wonderful it they are able to get them out sometime this month.

Thank you for getting back to me about this. I didn't want to be a nag, but I did really want to know what was going on, so I really appreciate you looking into it and letting me know!

AraiHime39

Postby monkeebiz » Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:27 pm

Spotted a half dozen copies of Volume 4 of Only The Ring Finger Knows at my local Borders today. Plus Borders is running a 40% off any paperback coupon thru 8/16.

Yay Borders!
monkeebiz

Postby chibi-oni » Mon Aug 17, 2009 2:02 pm

Glad you were able to track it down monkeebiz. Every Borders should have four copies (or at least one), but I'm guessing most probably do not. Unfortunately, it looks like Amazon still hasn't gotten theirs yet, either - although the various secondary sellers on the site are offering it, I see.

I hope other people are finding it, too.
chibi-oni

Postby meiyun » Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:17 pm

I was just wondering i know it's a bit soon but is there the possibility of a reprint? I've been looking everywhere, it's hard getting Yaoi where I'm at and the only one I can find on ebay is $200 US (about $300 where I am) and that's WAY over my budget
meiyun

Postby lore » Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:23 pm

meiyun wrote:I was just wondering i know it's a bit soon but is there the possibility of a reprint? I've been looking everywhere, it's hard getting Yaoi where I'm at and the only one I can find on ebay is $200 US (about $300 where I am) and that's WAY over my budget

I haven't heard about these places, but try exploring:

http://www.langtoninfo.com/showitem.asp ... 1569701245
http://www.biggerbooks.com/bk_detail.as ... errer=frgl

I don't blame you for wanting a reprint. Maybe there will be one when DMP picks up the 5th volume. Good luck and welcome to the boards!

love, lore
lore

Postby GRAZ71 » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:51 am

Well I'm still waiting for my copy. I can't believe we need to run after books now. did june release 3 books for the whole world? I'm really fed up with this new policy making people fight and stress for nothing. Could June AT LEAST give some piece of information, PLEASE?
GRAZ71

Next

Return to Juné Titles