June Poll: Which Mangaka Would You Like On June?

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Which mangaka that haven't been published by June' would you like to see on June' next?

Masare Minase
20%
Yuzuha Ougi
10%
Nase Yamato
17%
Setona Mizushiro
11%
Riko Nekota
1%
Kano Miyamoto
15%
Banana Nangoku
9%
Sakufu Ajimine
3%
Sakae Kusama
5%
CJ Michalski
8%

Total votes : 181

Re: June Poll: Which Mangaka Would You Like On June?

Postby eternaltorture » Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:32 pm

I was going to vote Minase but I'm not really a fan of her works that much now... it just lacks substance :X But, I will still purchase her works if it's available in English. ;)

I voted for Yuzuha Ougi, Nase Yamato, and Banana Nangoku. Ougi's a bit too explicit for June but if June wants to take on more explicit titles, that's fine with me :D
Nase Yamato's works are adorable. I love her chibis. (And those cute male genitals)
Banana Nangoku's works are also cute. I definitely wouldn't mind purchasing her works either. :lol:
eternaltorture

Postby k_canales » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:07 pm

So many wonderful choices! My vote goes to Minase, Ougi, and the last option. But I would definitely would love to see Takatsuki Noboru here in the near future.
k_canales

Postby phoenix4045 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:58 am

I know this is a long shot, but please consider publishing some work by various MensLove mangaka! (Menslove is also known as Bara!)
phoenix4045

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Uh, maybe they could make a seperate imprint for that, since bara is for gay guys, not women. And speaking of which. Why can't we get a yuri imprint (the straight female-oriented kinds), there's a title published by Ichijinsha called Yuri Hime Wildrose, and it features stories from BL authors too, like Taishi Zaou, Rize Shinba, and Haruka Minami (YES, Haruka Minami is ACTUALLY writing yuri. O_o)
Hiyoshimaru

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:19 pm

I wanted to say that but I was afraid to offend anyone. Bara isn't actually a lot related to BL besides that the characters are all men. I got a feeling that it wont become as popular overseas for obvious reasons. Young women are more likely to buy manga than gay men 30+. ( I guessing that's what Bara aims to. ) But then again I could be wrong. Either way imo Bara wouldn't be fitting for either June or 801. I'd be pretty annoyed if I accidentally bought a Bara manga. Hopefully the book covers will stop be from that though.

Yuri is something I personally don't give a crap about but it is sure more more asked for than Bara. I wouldn't like DMP to translate any though if they do that means we'll get less yaoi, shonen and shojo. ( Especially worried about the yaoi here. ) It would be cool if another publisher got interested in it though. For the sake for those who are into it. Means more to them and more to us.

Now the question still remains who'd be interested in translating Bara. I think no matter who will translate them they gotta know if it will sell first and I haven't meet a lot of Bara fans anywhere. I guess they are all stuck at Bara communities. Pretty understandable. I as well prefer staying at places where I find most of the stuff I want.

I also wanted to say that I'm in no way against the translation of Bara or Yuri but I think the best would be for a separate publisher to do it. As I explained earlier. More to all of us.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby lore » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:46 pm

Well, with the new Digital Guild in mind, if it's successful, it could be possible for DMP to recruit or hire on "teams" (I believe that's the Guild term for an editor/translator/cleaner set working on books) that are interested in working on Bara and Yuri. Their work could be offered at the Emanga site.

To be clear, I'm talking about hiring teams that might not have been interested in working with DMP otherwise, so we wouldn't be missing out on our lovely BL and other genres through their Bara and Yuri work. ;)

In all honesty, there aren't going to be any companies stepping up to the plate to regularly publish Bara or Yuri anytime soon. We've been losing BL publishers in the past few years, not gaining, and BL is the more popular genre right now. I've noticed one-shots here and there, some labors of love from small comics publishers, but none of these offerings have broken wide. Even when Aurora was publishing the Luv-Luv line (Yuri), it was said that the publisher wasn't making much money off those titles.

I think it would be wise of DMP to keep an eye out for a Guild Group willing to work on Bara and Yuri. I think it would be wise of DMP to keep casting its net as far and wide as it can while remaining fiscally responsible. The manga marketplace is nothing but shifting sands these days, with the economy still poor and the seeming popularity of e-books and the other (far too many to manage well) digital formats of manga. It's tough to figure out where money is to be made right now, let alone where it will go in the future. I hope DMP will maintain cat-like reflexes for its continued financial health! ^_^

love, lore
lore

Postby Senyoru-Chan » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:20 am

Of course, digital manga is always a choice. If those people would think it's enough.
Senyoru-Chan

Postby 2old4yaoi » Sat Feb 19, 2011 7:20 am

I agree that DMP can probably look into the feasibility of testing the water with unproven genre like bara, yuri in the US market through digital release in the beginning. If the title sells well & get lots of demand then it can look into printing it into hard copy. I think "Men of Tattos" that June has licensed is almost bordering on bara? In think Ike Rebun's "Hide and Seek" would be the type of bara work that might make a good introduction of the genre in the US market. I also think DMP should get different imprints for yuri or bara works should they go there.
Group: Naname
Translator: Coatimundi
Letterer: Idioteva
Editor: 2old4yaoi
2old4yaoi

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:44 am

@lore

I thought Luv-Luv was more of a redicomi/adult-only josei imprint, not yuri specifically. COme to think of it, I don't believe Aurora published any yuri/GL manga. O_o
Hiyoshimaru

Postby lore » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:07 am

You know what it is? The tag-line for Luv-Luv is "Passionate Manga for Women" and I assumed that meant Yuri! LOL! All these years! Poor Luv-Luv.
lore

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles