June Poll: Which Mangaka Would You Like On June?

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Which mangaka that haven't been published by June' would you like to see on June' next?

Masare Minase
20%
Yuzuha Ougi
10%
Nase Yamato
17%
Setona Mizushiro
11%
Riko Nekota
1%
Kano Miyamoto
15%
Banana Nangoku
9%
Sakufu Ajimine
3%
Sakae Kusama
5%
CJ Michalski
8%

Total votes : 181

Re: June Poll: Which Mangaka Would You Like On June?

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:07 am

I vote for Yuzuha Ougi (for 801 Media of course), Nase Yamato (her work is so cute) and CJ Michalski (unique, cute style and pen-name, what more could you ask for?)

Too bad I couldn't have a 3rd vote, 'cuz I'd love to see Banana Nangoku's work in English for the reason that her work is awesome and she was an assistant to Taishi Zaou.
Hiyoshimaru

Postby darkheart510 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:37 pm

I voted for Mizushiro, Kusama, and Nangoku. I agree with sun22 that Mizushiro's titles should be handled by 801media instead. The subject content seems a lot darker than a lot of June's titles. The one I'm thinking of is 'The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese" and it's sequel, of course. That title is strange in that it straddles the edge between yaoi and josei. You can make an convincing argument that it's one over the other or both.

Banana Nangoku's stuff is so pretty, but I don't think she's done many multi-chapters yet. (or if she has, can someone point the way?) I like reading longer stories over oneshots.

I didn't vote for Minase--what a lapse in judgment. I would love to see more of her stuff in print. I have Lies and Kisses published by DQ.
darkheart510

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:45 pm

Haha, darkie, you're not the only one, I myself, forgot to vote for Masara Minase too (not really forgot, but... you know.)

I voted for the other ones who didn't get many votes who are actually very good. I kinda didn't vote for Masara Minase mainly because of the reason, she already had lots of votes anyway.
Last edited by Hiyoshimaru on Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hiyoshimaru

Postby airisu » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:02 pm

My vote was also influenced by the fact that this poll is about a future Juné published manga. I chose Nase Yamato (cute characters & stories), Kano Miyamoto (beautiful style, depth in stories) and Banana Nangoku (can't help it, love her style ^^). Thanks for the poll - great idea! :)
airisu

Postby mo2468 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:08 pm

darkheart510 wrote:I voted for Mizushiro, Kusama, and Nangoku. I agree with sun22 that Mizushiro's titles should be handled by 801media instead. The subject content seems a lot darker than a lot of June's titles. The one I'm thinking of is 'The Cornered Mouse Dreams of Cheese" and it's sequel, of course. That title is strange in that it straddles the edge between yaoi and josei. You can make an convincing argument that it's one over the other or both.

Well, the Mizushiro title was published in a magazine targetted at older women (25+), so I would argue it is more of a "josei" yaoi rather than the typical "shojo" yaoi.
mo2468

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:21 pm

Oh and about Riko Nekota... her art looks SO old. :O

I'd like to see Hana to Iu Yori mo Kiss though, the art on that one looks nice. ^^

I'd also like to see some more Aco Oumi and Aya Shouoto (Aya Showoto) too.

We need some more CJ Michalski and Nase Yamato... (Yay! Moe-type yaoi!) too...

Itsuka Koi ga Kanau Made by CJ Michalski looks cute.
Hiyoshimaru

Postby book_lover1 » Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:34 pm

Most definitley Masare Minase :)
book_lover1

Postby ChibiKami » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:10 pm

Loving the feedback guys! It's really, really helpful!
ChibiKami

Postby Hiyoshimaru » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Your welcome ChibiKami!
Hiyoshimaru

Postby JRBrown » Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:24 pm

Mizushiro is #1 with a bullet. I don't have an issue with Cornered Mouse as a June title, although of course if it would have to be censored (which I don't think it would; it's not all that explicit) I'd rather have it as an 801 title.

Of those listed, my second choice is Minase, because I find her art and writing appealing, and as a fairly distant third Kusama because her art appeals to me in a quirky way. None of the rest are must-haves for me.

Edit: Wait. Myamoto Kano! Can I swap Kusama for Kano?
Last edited by JRBrown on Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
JRBrown

PreviousNext

Return to Juné Titles