Ai no Kusabi - volume 7?

Talk about Juné Manga titles.

Re: Ai no Kusabi - volume 7?

Postby lolodo » Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:18 am

what... really? no but...but... this is... but....
there's no way there will be a version of the other artwork? the MICHIHARA Katsumi artwork?
But even so I would like to thank you, finally a date it's so great to know when it's coming out! :D
lolodo

Postby streetwalkersan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 5:12 pm

OMG!!! I see vol. 8 on your schedule now too! Not that I was worried anymore or anything but just seeing it there I'm so happy I could scream! (...and I'm the only one still awake in the appartment ha ha.) So anyway, thank you! December 26th then... Too bad it didn't make the christmas sale but who buys yaoi as a present in general anyway? And akadot as well as most stores sells gift cards and stuff... I'm definitely giving myself one when it comes out! :D
streetwalkersan

Postby geishageek » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:13 am

Will volume 8 be the last volume? I am not sure because the new publisher in Japan released the series in a set of 6 books. The first 4 contain what we have in 6 volumes and I was wondering if the last 2 they published are the same last 2 we will be getting?
geishageek

Postby FerociousPuppy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 am

I know this is slightly off subject, but I have been trying to find vol. 5 of Ai no Kusabi (English version) for years now. It's the only one I am missing (besides 7 and 8, of course). Everywhere says it is no longer available. I even contacted June Manga several months ago, and they said they would be reprinting it in June. However, June is nearly over, and it is STILL not available. Does anyone know why this is, or where I can buy the fifth volume for a decent price (cheapest I have found is $60).
FerociousPuppy

Postby FerociousPuppy » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:55 pm

Heard back from June Manga finally so ignore my above post. Why is there no edit/delete button on here?
FerociousPuppy

Postby streetwalkersan » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:37 pm

@FerociousPuppy

Care to share with the rest of us?
streetwalkersan

Postby keikanna44 » Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:36 pm

Does anyone know when the Ai No Kusabi volumes 1 - 5 are going to be restocked. I heard June said sometime this summer 2012 but it's nearly over. I hope there isn't a delay or something. I was looking forward to it.
My Favorite Mangaka- Ayano Yamane, Sadahiro Mika, Itsuki Kaname, Minami Haruka, Mizukami Shin, Ike Reibun, and Hinako Takanaga.
keikanna44

Postby lolodo » Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:15 am

about the re-stoke, I tried yesterday to order from my local comic-book store and they said they managed to find the Ai no kusabi vol. 1, so I suggest you try to order it too. I tried two years ago to buy the first vol but they said they doesn't sell it anymore, and now they order it and sell it to me in a very reasonable price, so you should try it too ;)
lolodo

Postby bahen » Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:30 pm

I have now received my copy of Vol 7 and had great pleasure in reading it.

The new translator has an easier command of English and makes the book an easy read. However, the translator and the proof reader have not followed the continuity of what was written before hand.

These are:
slum dog for mongrel.
Guardians as if it is a group of people rather than Guardian the place
Blondie being spelled Blondy which many people feel is a feminine form of the world

And mainly the character Aisha referred to as she. Since all Blondies are male the only reason I can come up with this error is that whoever translated/proofed this never looked at the novels to know this and only looked at the current OVA, where the character Aisha appears and looks female.

Since the book (as all your books are) is on hold for approx 6 months, I hope you can adjust any similar errors in Book 8 and continue the continuity from the previous novels.

And perhaps if there is another print run of Vol 7 these errors can also be corrected.
bahen

Postby bahen » Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:02 am

Besides the editing issues I mentioned in an earlier post, after speaking to a few other people, I would like to know why the Japanese Vol 5 (our vol 7) release is 230 pages long,while the English verision is only 126 pages.

Also it seems that there is also an issue of censor ship taking place between what is described in both editions.

Could you please explain.
bahen

Previous

Return to Juné Titles