D's outfit.

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

Re: D's outfit.

Postby 18thAngel » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:32 pm

Hi Leila, and welcome; I'm pretty new here myself. And pics of the costume? Yes please! :D
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby Leila » Thu Dec 17, 2009 12:25 pm

Ask and you shall receive! Everything you see was made from scratch - I'm mostly going along with the manga design by Saiko Takaki for the costume, but there is some Amano in there, as well (obviously because of the beads instead of a chain for the necklace). The blue gem was cast from resin, added in some blue dye and some special powder that makes it glow in the dark. It's pretty nifty and I wish there was a way for me to photograph it so it shows that effect.

Leila

Postby 18thAngel » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:21 pm

That's...badass. I destroy arts and crafts just by looking at them, so that necklace is particularly impressive to me.
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:46 pm

That's SOOOO cool!!! *Drools over keyboard. Oops, that can't be good for the computer* Wish I had mad skills with a needle and thread. I did manage to find a really cool broach that looks like D's pendant...I'm figuring out how to put it on a chain now. Will hopefully have pics! I would LOVE to make a D cosplay costume from scratch. Will probably do when I've got some time on my hands...and thimbles. I'd like to take the Amano angle and make it all billowy and multi-colored under deep black.
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby 18thAngel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:09 am

^ I would looooove to see your amano-inspired D costume! I've seen pictures of a few really good ones before, but yours sounds particularly awesome. I'm not sure why; probably because it included the word "billowy" in its description. Billowy is almost always good. :D
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby The Vampire Hunter D » Fri Dec 18, 2009 8:59 pm

Here is progress that I made with my D costume. I'm working along along with (Leila) here on the boards on completing this awesome outfit! I made the hat out of leather as you can see in the first picture is all the small holes I punctured so I can stitch the pieces together and you can see the result of that hat with the other pictures! Took me about 15 hours to stitch the hat by hand took 2 hours alone to puncture all those holes around 300-400 holes or so.
The Vampire Hunter D

Postby 18thAngel » Sat Dec 19, 2009 12:05 am

That looks faaaaaabulous! *z-snap* :D

Brings me to another question though...who made all of D's stuff? Did he make it himself (it wouldn't surprise me in the least actually)?
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby sothisdhampir » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:00 pm

Oh my! Those are absoultly astonishing! :D That costume is going to OWN! :D I am SOOO thrilled to see an Amano style D cosplay, Amano D is so so beautiful! :D

Hmm....18th angel I'll bet that D probley is good with a neddle, but I'll bet he buys most of his clothes as needed...it would be very annoying for him to make all his clothes from scratch as much as they get ruined. ;)
sothisdhampir

Postby 18thAngel » Sat Dec 19, 2009 9:34 pm

sothisdhampir wrote:Oh my! Those are absoultly astonishing! :D That costume is going to OWN! :D I am SOOO thrilled to see an Amano style D cosplay, Amano D is so so beautiful! :D

Hmm....18th angel I'll bet that D probley is good with a neddle, but I'll bet he buys most of his clothes as needed...it would be very annoying for him to make all his clothes from scratch as much as they get ruined. ;)

That is true, and I laughed when you said he's good with a needle, and I'm sure many a foe of his impaled by one of his needles would agree. :lol:
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby sothisdhampir » Sun Dec 20, 2009 1:08 am

lol! quite true!
sothisdhampir

PreviousNext

Return to Vampire Hunter D