American Wasteland

Talk about Vampire Hunter D!

Re: American Wasteland

Postby 18thAngel » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:42 pm

^ I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so too! And as much as I hate to say it, I think The Rose Princess could succeed because it would most likely also appeal to these vampire-crazy/twilight fanatics that are so rampant these days. I would spear someone if a D movie came out ant it was like THAT, but for a movie to be good and have funding and all that...you have to get butts in the seats. ;)

And I'm not sure who could play D still...we have plenty of pictures, but heaven help all women if some guy came along who looked like Amano's drawings! We'd all be dead of rapture in an instant! A male model or something would be the closest in terms of looks...but he'd have to be a good actor too...so I think we're out of luck. :?
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby sothisdhampir » Sun Dec 13, 2009 1:59 am

18thAngel wrote:^ I'm glad I'm not the only one to think so too! And as much as I hate to say it, I think The Rose Princess could succeed because it would most likely also appeal to these vampire-crazy/twilight fanatics that are so rampant these days. I would spear someone if a D movie came out ant it was like THAT, but for a movie to be good and have funding and all that...you have to get butts in the seats. ;)

I really really hope D never gets the insane fan base that Twilight has, even if D is a much much more powerful stories...all those crazy fan girls claiming they know everything about D when I have been following him almost since Bloodlust...it would drive me insane! I mildly liked Twilight before it became huge but the fan girls sucked (pun intended) all the fun from it. I hope that never happens to D. I don't think that he ever will get that popular however...he's to die for glorious yes, but about as far from romantic as one could be. Unless your one of of those pepole that happens to like their characters dark and gloomy such as myself. ;)

The reminds me of something....I am so sick of seeing all these Team Edward: I run with vampires shirts, that I came up with my own shirt...at least in my head. Somehow I'll have to get one made. ;)

Team D : I Run with Dhampirs!
sothisdhampir

Postby 18thAngel » Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:46 am

^ I would TOTALLY buy that shirt!

And I was half tempted to go to the premier or New Moon with a bunch of stakes and garlic or something. :D
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:37 pm

LOL! Thanks for making me laugh...I detest Twilight! Now, True Blood, that's something that I can sink my fangs into!!!

Hmm...which story do I wanna see on the silver screen? VHD4 would be good. Could do some awesome CGI. Honestly, I'd be so happy to see a good live action VHD movie that I really wouldn't care which story they used. After I absorbed the sheer awesomeness of it, then I'd get picky.
Who could play D? No guys that I know! Depp from his Edward Scissorhands days, maybe. Or Davey Havok from AFI (I love him as much as D! :mrgreen: ) from a couple years ago. Or, to make me really happy, they could pull out all the stops and spend the big bucks on layering a computer-animated face onto an actor's so he'd look like an Amano painting. That's really the only D face that I could love. I mean, Amano just does D as D.

Forget Team Edward...I'm on Team Dhampir...
exsanguinate

Location: Somewhere in Ohio, but really in My Own Little World

Postby 18thAngel » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:04 am

Hmmm I've heard lots about True Blood but have been hesitant to get into it just because of all the crazy "vampire" fandom, but now I think I might give it a shot.

I'm on team dhampir too, albeit a very specific dhampir. Team D forever!
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:05 pm

Sign me up for Team Dhampir!!! We need to make up a secret handshake or somthing... :D

TrueBlood's really, really good. Embrace vamp fandom for that series!
exsanguinate

Postby 18thAngel » Sat Dec 26, 2009 2:08 am

I say we need T-shirts. And we should also attend the premier of the Twilight movies dressed as vampire hunters of some kind.

On another note...I GOT THIS FOR CHRISTMAS! BEST.DAY.EVER!!!!!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Books/14-376/Y ... w-slipcase
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby sothisdhampir » Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:26 am

I almost did attend New Moon dressed as a REAL vampire, lol! But I didn't want to suffer 5 minutes of my time of those damn Edward Cullen fans. BLECH! Yes, we need shirts! :D I wish I had some money, otherwise I'd take some shirts to a specailtiy shop and make Team Dhampir shirts for everyone!
sothisdhampir

Postby 18thAngel » Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:01 am

Hmmm...*plots for T-shirts forming*
Doctor Who?
18thAngel

Postby exsanguinate » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:17 pm

Ya know, I've got a couple dark t-shirt iron-on transfer thingies hanging around somewhere...maybe when I finish my ginormous history paper I'll paly around with Photoshop and come up with something.

Isn't that artbook pretty? One of my faves! I also reccomend Amano's "Tale of Genji"--eye candy, yummy!
exsanguinate

PreviousNext

Return to Vampire Hunter D