NEW! eBook/Digital Publishing/Production Associate
- Ebook conversions and deployments
- Maintain ebook retail website
- Troubleshoot customer service problems from ebook retail website
- Web design and development.
- Produce weekly newsletters/ catalogs / marketing collateral
- Maintaining and creation of images for multiple websites.
- Assisting marketing department with creation of PR emails and newsletters.
- Database admin maintenance
- Oversee ebook conversion workflow schedule
- Filling out meta data sheets and uploading files to FTP sever
- Uploading ebooks to various platforms: ie. iBooks, iTunes/Android apps, Kindle, Nook, etc.
- Keep up with developing trends in technology in the e-publishing industry and adapt/update our e-publishing business, workflow, strategies accordingly
A qualified candidate should have:
- 2 plus yrs experience required in using Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe Acrobat, Creative Suites, CS3-CS5. Microsoft Office, Word, Excel etc.
- 2 plus yrs creating and formatting ebooks file formats: epubs, pdf, cbz, mobi, prc files and using related ebook/epub software.
- Skilled in Mac and PC; cross platform usage required.
- Understanding of print and web graphics and formatting files for print, web, and digital distribution.
- Understanding of basic HTML and CSS and other web programs a must. Front-end web development a plus.
- Understanding of the make-up and structure of ebooks, epub files, pdf, cbz, fixed layout epubs, in order to troubleshoot problems in epub coding, etc.
- Savvy in usage of mobile smart devices, iOS, Android
- Working knowledge or experience in print and digital publication and graphic design preferred.
- Understanding of graphic novels and manga preferred. Experience in comic-book/manga related industry a big plus.
- Able to use limited resources to do Research and Development to stay current or ahead in the industry.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Usage of Social Networking Sites, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, forums, Tumbler
- Strong command of the English language, ability to write, copy-edit mandatory.
- Rewriting /creative writing for solicitation a big plus.
- Must be comfortable working with explicit, adult material include Yaoi and Hentai.
- Must be able to follow work direction without contest, but at the same time able to take initiative and spearhead projects when assigned, while still maintaining daily duties and tasks.
- Casual dress. Intern, freelance and part-time positions available.
- Must be able to work in the Gardena, CA office
Please send resumes and/or portfolios (links only) to Fred by e-mail, email@example.com , fax, or mail using job description heading (Very important!): eBook/Digital Publishing/Production Associate
1487 West 178th Street, Suite 300
Gardena, CA 90248
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE